All-New Vintage Series - HRE Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the demand is there, unfortunately the price is definitely WAY too high

just called in. $7600 per set in 18 bmw fitment.

HRE continues to remain out of their mind.
    Last edited by DarkSideEwok; 02-08-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSideEwok View Post

^ bummer

I was initially interested in some 501's but I can only imagine what a 19" runs, I can get a one-off wheel including a 5th for the spare for that or less
      Last edited by softg; 02-08-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure which finish you requested, but that must be for a optional finish.
        sigpic

HRE Performance Wheels. For those who don't compromise.

Comment

just got a quote too, $9000 for a set of 19" with brush clear centers and chrome lips. Anyone wants to buy a kidney here? i really want a set lol

Comment

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
            just got a quote too, $9000 for a set of 19" with brush clear centers and chrome lips. Anyone wants to buy a kidney here? i really want a set lol
            .... happiness suddenly over

Not even going to bother picking up the phone now. My E34 and E30 will have to wear some different shoes.
            DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
            E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

$7600 for 18s???
              $9000 for 19s???

TROLOLOLOLOL I'll keep rebuilding OZs...

Comment

Originally posted by iliescu View Post
                $7600 for 18s???
                $9000 for 19s???

^ cheers to that

Comment

Originally posted by iliescu View Post
                  $7600 for 18s???
                  $9000 for 19s???

That is not the standard pricing. Those are pricing with optional finishes. The Vintage Series is not cheap, they are priced accordingly.
                  sigpic

Comment

speechless
                    I ees een jur cambers, nomnomin on jur tairs

Comment

Originally posted by Lon@HRE View Post
                      That is not the standard pricing. Those are pricing with optional finishes. The Vintage Series is not cheap, they are priced accordingly.
                      Priced according to what? How ridiculous of a price you can put on wheels.

$6800 + $300 shipping for "base" design.

Listen I understand the amount of time and effort that goes into wheels but asking 7k for a set of wheels that have a design that has been around for 30 years is nuts. Also weight and materials haven't even been discussed.

That being said I know people will buy these wheels. Give me some bbs style 5s when u buy some!

Comment

$6800 + $300 shipping for "base" design.

Listen I understand the amount of time and effort that goes into wheels but asking 7k for a set of wheels that have a design that has been around for 30 years is nuts. Also weight and materials haven't even been discussed.

That being said I know people will buy these wheels. Give me some bbs style 5s when u buy some!
                        I'm sure adding into that cost is what they may have had to pay for the wheel design patent, the rights to sell that design, the research to decide on what bolt patters, hub bores, sizes, finishes customers will want.... and also, if you're buying a set of mint HRE wheels for 9k, how much are you going to ask for if you need to sell them? They'll hold their value down the road so if you invest that kind of money initially you'll be getting a decent portion of that back when you sell.

Granted, these cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaay more than I'll ever be able to afford, but for the people out there who want to save for the best, they'll find a way, and for the people who want to save a little, just wait a few years until some dingbat curbs his set and buy them at a discount.

With that said,

DEAR HRE: IF YOU GLUE SOME SPIKES TO THE SIDE OF THESE AND PAINT THEM BLACK, I'LL TOTALLY BUY THEM.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

That being said I know people will buy these wheels.
                          If you know people will buy these wheels then that should self explain what he means by "priced accordingly". They are priced accordingly to what HRE guys have been willing to spend since the begining. I can think of numerous other NEW wheels companies (under 10 years old) that are charging close to the same thing without the history that goes along with it. Your paying to have a reindition of something classic and timeless.

I'm not attacking you or arguing I see both sides of the argument but looking at it from their side of things more then ours. HRE would be tarnishing what they've built since the begining by NOT charging what their market allows.

Comment

The price is disappointing...

But I'm bothered by the no center caps bit, they would have look so much cleaner with the lug holes covered. JUUUUSTTT an opinion.
                            Cactus Green B5 A4.

Comment

Originally posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
                              If you know people will buy these wheels then that should self explain what he means by "priced accordingly". They are priced accordingly to what HRE guys have been willing to spend since the begining. I can think of numerous other NEW wheels companies (under 10 years old) that are charging close to the same thing without the history that goes along with it. Your paying to have a reindition of something classic and timeless.

I'm not attacking you or arguing I see both sides of the argument but looking at it from their side of things more then ours. HRE would be tarnishing what they've built since the begining by NOT charging what their market allows.
                              u explained it well.

when he said priced accordingly, i was not sure if he meant his existing customer base or what the market dictates for that style wheel.

either way, i know HREs are expensive. i just assumed, made an ass out of me, that since they were a vintage design and they were catering to a demographic, that they wouldn't charge an arm and a leg.

Comment

u explained it well.

when he said priced accordingly, i was not sure if he meant his existing customer base or what the market dictates for that style wheel.

either way, i know HREs are expensive. i just assumed, made an ass out of me, that since they were a vintage design and they were catering to a demographic, that they wouldn't charge an arm and a leg.
                                Coming from this community, I've owned VW MK1 Rabbit, VW MK2 GTI, VW MK3 GTI, VW MK4 Jetta (daily now), VW MK5 GTI (wife), VW MK4 GTI 337 edition (dad now), B6 Audi A4 Avant, B7 Audi S4 Avant (current), BMW E39 M5.

So I'm understanding of the pricing concern, but I think in this industry, quality comes with price.

HRE Wheels is known for its quality, design, engineering and customer service. With the end product, there really is no compromising. There's a cost associated with delivering this type of end result.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X