This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seppdelaney View Post
    I've not seen anything anywhere in regards to the V2's ability to maintain a level stance when changing the loads in the car. Can anyone who's got the system speak to this? For instance, lets say that I'm sitting at ride height, with just me in the driver's seat. Then my wife gets into the front passenger seat and her sister in rear passenger side. How does the system handle the weight change, or would I have to increase/decrease the pressure in the passenger side bags to level out again? And if one would have to manually increase/decrease the the pressure, how do you know that you're level again? Is it just a guesstimation?
    V2 is not a self leveling setup. The system does have 8 different presets, so you can have a couple different ride height options depending how many people or how much gear you are carrying.

Originally posted by mike.snipe View Post
    seppdelaney, I was actually waiting for this proof for a couple of weeks.

Then I decided to buy a REAL leveling system. The V2 cannot adjust itself for added weight. The only thing it will do is drop itself lower if you had it in ride monitor mode trying to compensate for the higher pressure due to more passengers. It's just a switchbox with an LCD. I will have my install finished up on my Mk4 GTI to be more pleasing to the eye in a few days. I throw up pics of my height sensor install.

Do yourself a favor and wait till Air Lift actually puts out proof that there system works in real world situation, or take an extra 3-4 days worth of pay and buy something that has proof of working the the E-Level. I know it might be a little tougher to install the height sensors, but if you are mechanically inclined you got it. I can't see wasting money on something that can't prove it's own worth. Sorry If I'm bitter, I just waited and waited for a real answer and it was never supplied. Just poor videos with intermissions of probably trying to fix something that broke.
    Mike, sorry if you were never supplied with an answer, but I never saw the question....Put it this way, my 57 year old mother drives a bagged Mustang, loads it up with a couple of people and luggage and selects her ride height pre-set accordingly. It is a very simple system that proves itself time and time again.

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

Not to be rude but your mom looks HOT!!! standing next to her stang. Can I get her digits?

Comment

Not to be rude but your mom looks HOT!!! standing next to her stang. Can I get her digits?
        Not after all that shit you talked about air lift, lets see how hot the moms are over at accuair

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Not my mom, nor her Mustang, but I will pass your compliments on to our model

Comment

so only difference between v1 and v2 is more presets?

Comment

No it is a completely different system. V2 has way more technology built in to it that was not available at the time V1 was produced. V2 is the most advanced pressure based system on the market.

Comment

just watched this video: http://youtu.be/8FJo_CGun80

and the v2 system looks great. unless you're completely lazy, this definitely seems like the way to go. it wouldn't be that hard to get presets set up for a car full of passengers, or quickly set up a preset if you have a load in your trunk, etc.

if you're too lazy to get out of your car to setup a preset really quick for a trip with a bunch of stuff in you're car, go e-level i guess....but the features on v2 are awesome.

Comment

i have the v2, it is awesome compared to the v1 and a lot easier to install than the v1.and as for load changes you can just set up different presets since you have 8 of them to choose from. or switch over to manual mode and adjust it to your liking
                  Hi!

Comment

The amount of useful information in this thread just blew my mind
                    I just got the v2 after doing some reasearch and its cake to install. Just waiting on the bags to ship out so I can test it and set it up!

R 1 3 5
                    └┼┼┤
                    . 2 4 6

http://rresetrrewind.tumblr.com/

Comment

you will love it

Comment

let's turn this worthless thread around, i went with the v2, i was going to go with a dakota digital pressure gauge and switchspeed/ vu4, but the v2 is far superior in every way.

i would never get an e-level set up, I've made it this far with out a computer telling me how low my car should be. (haha get it?)

build thread?

Comment

Working...
                        X