No announcement yet.

Junkyard build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is so cool to me, read the whole thread with a smile!
    Good luck with your future endeavors, I'm sub'd.

Comment

• all things considered this build is brilliant!

keep it up, love the audio side too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
        ^thanks! now for an actual update! went to pick n pull again and found an awesome spare!

made by enkie for mazda to put in the old rx7's.

cracked my lip and had to ziptie stitch it back together only a small break tho

got a heart shaped carabiner for my tow hook cause i love my saturn... no homo

and my gauge pod is wired up

Dude!!! i Registered on this site because of this thread. i have to know what the size and offset on the rear tires/wheels are. i love the flush look and have been looking to get the same look on my SL2. please LMK. ill have topost a pic of mine. nothin special, just lowered on some Springs i bought off ebay, and a poor mans lip i made from a 5th gen accord. looking to get a mach one chin spoiler sson though.

also on your new lip........Ehh......i liked the old one alot better! everything else is badass. i dont mind the Diff wheels at all. id have mine like that if i came on the wheels you did No Prob

Comment

• NO MEANS FOR THREAD JACKING!!! just a quick question
          what you think about a Stock SaturnSky Redline exhaust on my SL2?
          would it make a Difference? it 2.5" piping. im looking more for a Deep hollow sound.
          i only ask about the sky exhaust because i have one here laying around.i figured youd know since you look like you know what your doing with your saturn.....thought id get some thoughts/opinions befor anything......NO MEANS FOR THREAD JACKING!!!! thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Doober View Post
            NO MEANS FOR THREAD JACKING!!! just a quick question
            what you think about a Stock SaturnSky Redline exhaust on my SL2?
            would it make a Difference? it 2.5" piping. im looking more for a Deep hollow sound.
            i only ask about the sky exhaust because i have one here laying around.i figured youd know since you look like you know what your doing with your saturn.....thought id get some thoughts/opinions befor anything......NO MEANS FOR THREAD JACKING!!!! thanks
            No worries haha. You'd be better off to get a 2.5" cat back exhaust off of eBay, it'd be way way less work. Also I'm not sure if you'd be able to fit it or make it work without cutting it up into like 100 peices. From what I've seen the 2.5" exhausts do sound a bit deeper
            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Originally posted by NorCalFocus View Post
              Not bad at all. Very clean install.
              Thanks!

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
              Love this thread. So many good finds at the pick and pull!
              Thanks it's appreciated! Ill try to keep the finds coming lol

Originally posted by Waterfordmaxx View Post
              Updates???? Lol
              Soon haha. Thinking about doing something but not much has been happening with this. Snow sucks

Originally posted by edirty6eddie View Post
              one of the sickest builds.

Thank you sir!

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
              That sound system looks really clean!

I am between a small system or just upgrade the stock speakers to keep the weight down. Now you made the decision much harder >
              Haha do it! You know you want to thanks

Originally posted by LvMustang View Post
              This is so cool to me, read the whole thread with a smile!
              Good luck with your future endeavors, I'm sub'd.
              Thanks! Hopefully it'll stay that way

Originally posted by NeilP View Post
              all things considered this build is brilliant!

keep it up, love the audio side too!
              Thanks! But all in all it's just redneck engineering lol

Comment

• Well I've been needing a capacitor for some time now and kinda have been putting it off cause they cost a lot and, well, they're ugly. Anyways got browsing on Kijiji and found a clif designs cap for virtually the same price as one of the ugly 2 farad things that look like an ugly red bull can. Oh and it's 10 farads .

It's way overkill but what the heck, might get a larger system down the road..

So I decided I wasn't really feeling the face plate on it, so that got ripped off.

Got some lexan and built a cover for it.

Now you can see it's sexy guts

Still need to fix up some of the paint on it, then it'll get put in the car

Comment

• Really digging the oem fc spare. Had one of those in my old 87 na 4 lug.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• I'm now in the process of running 2 12's in my yota.

Your lights kinda make me want some superwhites behind the seat lol

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                      Originally posted by nickskater09
                      I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

No worries haha. You'd be better off to get a 2.5" cat back exhaust off of eBay, it'd be way way less work. Also I'm not sure if you'd be able to fit it or make it work without cutting it up into like 100 peices. From what I've seen the 2.5" exhausts do sound a bit deeper

Thanks for the info
                        do you have any info on the wheels i asked about? (offset, width,size,tire size) i just really like the way they are set on your satty
                        thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                          Really digging the oem fc spare. Had one of those in my old 87 na 4 lug.
                          I'd love to see someone with two put them on just to look like a drag car

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                          I'm now in the process of running 2 12's in my yota.

Your lights kinda make me want some superwhites behind the seat lol
                          Do it!

Originally posted by Doober View Post
                          Thanks for the info
                          do you have any info on the wheels i asked about? (offset, width,size,tire size) i just really like the way they are set on your satty
                          thanks!
                          Fronts are 16x7, 35 offset 195/45r16. Rears are 16x8, 32 offset 205/40r16. Both of those have a 19mm adapter on them tho.

Comment

• really REALLY into this build !

Comment

I would just get an OBX catback, they're cheap and they're just a reverse engineered Thermal. The material isn't quite as nice, but they fit good and they sound alight, not too loud IMO. They sound even better with a turbo in front of them though
                              94 Saturn SW2 - T3s60 7psi, slammed, daily driven
                              94 Saturn SC2 - T3/T4, 13.4 @107 mph, built motor coming soon
                              --MegaSquirt user--

Comment

• Originally posted by Belvader View Post
                                really REALLY into this build !
                                Thanks! Glad your enjoying it.

Originally posted by PunkboySL2 View Post
                                I would just get an OBX catback, they're cheap and they're just a reverse engineered Thermal. The material isn't quite as nice, but they fit good and they sound alight, not too loud IMO. They sound even better with a turbo in front of them though
                                That's true. Especially the turbo part!

Well I guess it's time I let the cat out of the bag. Was able to pick up a bunch of shifts while going to school, and, well.... I've bought some stuff lol.

First of, got a new sub from a pawn shop for 40 bucks. Says it can handle 1600 watts, guess we'll find out lol. Lot larger then the old one.

Also started building a box for it. The back will house the cap and some wirring. It's 3 cubic feet and tuned to about 30hz so you feel it instead of just hear it.

Also I am waiting for my new 1200 watt amp to arrive

And tonight I'm gonna be buying these

They are the exact same as my front wheels so I will have six matching wheels. and because certain people think matching wheels are so damn cool I'm gonna add a second axle to the back and run all six!

But in all seriousness I need to figure out a colour for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X