This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by projektzwo View Post
    thanks a lot for the dissertation, really appreciate it...

just one more thing, you said that if it doesn't rub or wheels hit the fender it gotta be good enough... well i'm good with that, but even when my suspension moves no more than 1cm, the ride is still somehow bouncy, which means that i must go stiffer if i'm not wrong...
    Bouncy means the shocks aren't matched to the springs. Either they're too soft to handle the amount of force the spring has, they're too low causing the valving inside to be outside of its range, or they're bottomed out and you're hitting the bottom of the shocks/bumpstops.

Getting stiffer springs will only change the speed and travel of the bounce.
    Originally posted by e46cruiser View Post
    Well since this is a thread for spring rates Ill just ask this here.
    I'm driving an e46 sedan on rokkor tuning coils and I'm ordering shorter springs soon, I want to know what would be a good size spring / rate combo for these coils so I can go more low in the rear?
    Use the info I posted above to figure out what you want. Realize that you have shitty coilovers and the shocks likely won't be up to a stiffer spring rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
      Use the info I posted above to figure out what you want. Realize that you have shitty coilovers and the shocks likely won't be up to a stiffer spring rate.
      yup ive realized that along time ago lol
      but my girl is getting me a early present i decided on smaller springs since i dont want to spend any of my money ive been saving up for bags, which you should see on sometime early next year
      EURO.TECHNIKS | BAGGED E46

Instagram: @_victorg

Comment

Help with spring rates

Okay so I just got my wheels in & I was wondering what would be a good spring rate to run on my 2002 Acura rsx im going extremely low & was trying to get really stiff spring rates.

Comment

Working...
        X