Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa, Thats my old math teacher.

Teen's text message leads to teacher's arrest in pot case
    Chad Edward Smith, 37, a teacher at Corona del Mar High, out on bail after parent finds message about marijuana.
    By ELLYN PAK
    The Orange County Register
    Comments 85 | Recommend 7

NEWPORT BEACH – A 37-year-old high school teacher in Newport Beach remains out on bail after his arrest last week on suspicion of furnishing marijuana to a minor, police said.

Chad Edward Smith, a math teacher at Corona del Mar High School, was arrested Thursday afternoon after a parent of a 16-year-old discovered text messages about the teen smoking marijuana with Smith, said Newport Beach police Sgt. Evan Sailor.

The 16-year-old, a student at Harbor High School, met Smith outside of the school system, Sailor said. Smith likely provided the marijuana and smoked it with the teen at least once, according to police.

"Our concern is if he's done this with other students or other minors from other schools," Sailor said.

Smith was placed on paid administrative leave Thursday, according to Laura Boss, a Newport-Mesa Unified School District spokeswoman. Smith is out on $50,000 bail.
    holy shit t hats my old math teacher

So, did you ever smoke weed with him? Huh?

Comment

Sweet teacher!

Comment

Nah dude i dont do weed!

Comment

This is similar to when students have sex with their teachers and blab about it! If this happened to me when I was in school I would have kept my mouth shut and destroyed all evidence, so that I didnt ruin a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by m633csi View Post
            Nah dude i dont do weed!
            Lol... Do weed.

Originally posted by ProjektONE View Post
            This is similar to when students have sex with their teachers and blab about it! If this happened to me when I was in school I would have kept my mouth shut and destroyed all evidence, so that I didnt ruin a good thing!
            Seriously. Kids are stupid

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
              Lol... Do weed.

Comment

Working...
              X