'05 ducati 999 "cafe fighter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 ducati 999 "cafe fighter"

So, I have decided that i really want a stanced/hellaflush ride....and in the midst of me searching for what i want, i thought i would offer my custom, one-off ducati for a trade to hopefully entice someone. anywho, i also have a full-fairing street bike, and with the garage already full of racing quads and dirtbikes, i thought i would see if anyone was interested in this...

'05 Ducati 999 "cafe fighter"
    -clean/clear NC title (titled as a '05 ducati 999 superbike; never dropped or wrecked either)
    -current mileage is right at 1450 miles (may change)
    -motor is from a 2001 ducati monster 900Sie...had only 10200 miles when built; new cam belts and k&n pod filters (this means no radiator to give the minimalist look)...this is a fuel injected motor with the breather box relocated underneath the seat
    -frame is a ducati 999 ('05)
    -tank is a modified 999 tank
    -subframe and seat are from RAD ducati
    -single-sided swingarm from a ducati s4R
    -carbon fiber front fender
    -marchesini wheels from a ducati 996S
    -front end from a ducati 999
    -headlight from a harley davidson vrod
    -rear shock from a ducati 996
    -koso digital gauges
    -tyga pipe with custom exhaust piping (heat coated black)
    -steering damper from a 999
    -custom clip-ons
    -custom rear sets
    -custom adjustable levers
    -custom bar end blinkers
    -everything powdercoated or painted black (minus forks)

and on and on....
    since the frame/tank and motor are different models, there are separate keys for both.

I will sell it out right if the offer is there, but i am really looking to trade it for something hellaflush or "stanced" (coupes or sedans; i also have a black on black, with black wheels, '10 lifted silverado crewcab z71...i may sell/trade as well). I have over 15k in this particular bike alone. i have owned and ridden other bikes and if you are not familiar with vtwin, naked street bikes, this one is a true looker as well as an effing devil. if i keep it, im just going to put a carbon tank and tail on it and most likely swap the michelin pilot roads for dunlop q2's. it is truly unique and a must-have for any "cafe racer" or ducati enthusiast.

sry about the sh*tty iphone pictures. the bike is also listed on other forums. i also have pictures of the build. questions and offers are definitely welcome, but please keep the dumb comments to a minimum. forgive me if i have forgotten anything.

bike is located in huntersville, nc; about 15min north of charlotte. also, i am sure shipping can be arranged but i would much rather the potential buyer/trader come view the bike in person before making any decisions.

thanks

Dope...

Comment

Thats a sick bike!!

Comment

ive had shit-tons of interest in the bike, currently one potential buyer and one potential trader with a hellaflush s13, but everyone else wants to trade junk and/or doesnt have the cheese to outright buy it....anywho, here are some teasers...all were taken before breather box was installed. i may take some pictures this weekend if the weather permits (with a canon 5d markII).

and i know a lot of ppl arent interested in trucks on this forum, but since im still trying to find the right car....if there is any hint of interest, i may trade for either an infiniti m35/45, lexus gs/is/ls or bmw 3/5/7 series. low miles preferred but not a necessity. pm me if youre interested in the truck, post if youre interested in the bike. thanks.....again, sorry about the sheety pictures.

Last edited by motodoc; 12-30-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

If you were in St. Louis I'd tell you to bring it up and we'd get rid of it for you.
          motoeuropastl.com
          Looks sick man very nice build.
          First time caller long time listener.

Comment

Sick bike!
            I just feel like it would be a lot cooler if it was either fighter or cafe. Not both.

GLWS!

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
              Sick bike!
              I just feel like it would be a lot cooler if it was either fighter or cafe. Not both.

GLWS!
              thanks...

i went riding today because it was in the 60's; this thing is a beast!! so much low end torque!

i was trying to mimic the RAD (radical ducati) bikes from spain. I like the low-slung headlight and high rear-end...i chose the low headlight "look" from the mv agusta brutale..the mv's headlight was just way too much...and the cafe tail was a must seeing that my first bike was a '77 honda cb550 (with a full cafe racer conversion).

to each his own. i like both styles of the cafe racers and street fighters. i have too many toys right now and need to get rid of something to free up room (racing quads, dirtbikes, surfboards, paddleboards, longboard skateboards and a '07 R6)

someone buy this thing so i can invest in a stanced ride!

Comment

truck is sold...im lookin' for a new ride....

only have around 10k to spend. would love a stanced vw gti (must be four door), but im open to about anything as long as it has a backseat for kids.

im going to use the rest to slam my '69 camaro SS and potentially put some HRE's on it.

Comment

Working...
                X