Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "STANDARD PERFORMANCE” Coilovers

STANDARD PERFORMANCE Coilovers.

Very first set of STANDARD PERFORMANCE coilovers for the bB/xB application here stateside. Have been testing these for about a year and have been doing its job.

STD have been in used mostly in the Rally arena yet applications for other vehicles are available. They do manufacture suspension for "other" companies.

Website>>> STANDARD PERFORMANCE Coilover

Youtube>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gPJb....com/index.php

as it sits now which is 21 from apex of fender to ground on 15's. 2.5 from the oem lip to ground. Coils can surely lay frame without any problem. Ive had it low to where it was hitting relectors on the road. lol.

So far, I like the front where it’s at 2.50in. from ground to bottom edge of the front lip. The rear is a tad higher, yet I’ll drive it around for a few days and see if it settles in before I go for the tools.

Now for the road test. Mind you, I thought and practiced safety of others in mind and for myself.

I did go for a drive and took it easy before going all out. There is 8 dial settings for the Front (1 Softest – 8 Hardest) and the Rear has 12 settings (1 Softest – 12 Hardest).

On street, I was able to drive comfortably with settings dialed in front for 3 and 5 in the rear, and this seems to be good for my set up. I was able to take rebounds without bottoming out and no scrubs or rub. Taking fast tight turns with dip with no problems and car stayed on course going 60mph. So far, I was able to articulate over speed bumps and driveways without scrape and without my teeth gritting or toes curling. This is a good sign.

Next I felt confident that my set up is dialed in height wise so, I went onto the freeway and started out slow and worked the MPH then started to with quick lane change and taking the “high and low” dips on freeways that I know of, and it passed with flying colors. I also went to a secluded street in a industrial area and slalom the vehicle, and the also tested the slamming of the brakes and vehicle test very well overall. Wider wheel and tire would benefit much.

Only negative thing that I ran into with STD is that when installing the rear shocks, you will need to remove the Dial setting knob off the top of the shocks in order to install it through the top. The knob is held in place with a tiny allen screw which STD did not include. I did have a micro allen and was able to remove and I left it off and I’m able to dial the settings without the knob.

HFD SoCal INDEPENDENT

DOWN AND OUT LOWLIFES
    www.HELAFASSDOOO.com

x-bBois08-SAKURA-RS1 Registry-x

It says STD all over your suspension. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      HAhaha.

Thanks for the write up!

Comment

yeah it does. but let me assure you that, i dont......
        HFD SoCal INDEPENDENT

DOWN AND OUT LOWLIFES
        www.HELAFASSDOOO.com

Comment

hahaha Eric has STD's!!! actually they are very nice. my room mate jon has those on his 08 scion xB!! he felt a big difference from the ksports to the std's. he said they were built better and stronger!!
          05 Scion xB
          84 BMW 533i

Comment

Whats up Eric, those STD's are the only kind anybody should want to get, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Beanzermin View Post
              hahaha Eric has STD's!!! actually they are very nice. my room mate jon has those on his 08 scion xB!! he felt a big difference from the ksports to the std's. he said they were built better and stronger!!
              btw, Beanzermin in regards to the gen2 coils it lacks the camber plates. then again its gonna take a bit of work to camber the gen2 rear with its setup, so no wonder they didnt come out with it.

Originally posted by omarsxb951 View Post
              Whats up Eric, those STD's are the only kind anybody should want to get, lol
              hey omar! haha, you up in here too.... i seen dingo and few others. will see.
              yeah, ive been driving daily on these for about a year and with how low i drive in L.A., these coils are taking the beating like nothing. also, i should be testing out another set of coilovers from another company soon once they get the application done. "CKS" Corner Konnection System.
              Last edited by SAKURA; 11-27-2009, 11:29 PM.
              HFD SoCal INDEPENDENT

DOWN AND OUT LOWLIFES
              www.HELAFASSDOOO.com

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                My thoughts exactly
                Originally posted by da3bous
                I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

where can you has purchase them? and if you can include price, would be nice.

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Jamil View Post
                    where can you has purchase them? and if you can include price, would be nice.
                    youll need to contact the canada branch at this time for vendor info.
                    prices and quality is comparable with others out there, since they do manufacture parts for other companies.>>> STD Suspension Canada
                    HFD SoCal INDEPENDENT

DOWN AND OUT LOWLIFES
                    www.HELAFASSDOOO.com

Comment

So they're Canadian, eh? I've often wondered where you got these from...

Representing Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                      X