Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of lights for light painting (w/o OCF/strobe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of lights for light painting (w/o OCF/strobe)

What's going on guys? I'm working on getting things together and learning about photography and have a small amount of equipment. I really want to try out light painting, and have not been able to figure out what type of lights you all are using. I've read "shop lights" a few places but that can mean plenty of different things.

Are these halogen type flood lamps? Trouble lights? Literal shop lights, like T8 bulbs?

I have a trouble light, and I believe I have the halogen flood lamps somewhere. The trouble light is easy as it is cigarette outlet powered and I can just extend the cables, but how are you guys powering the larger lights? Are you just using a small inverter plugged up to your car or are you using a mobile power source? I hope to try this tonight to some level and just wanted to have a basic grasp on things.

I'll be able to use OCF soon, just waiting for the shipment to arrive.

I use a simple fluorescent light tube from Home Depot, attached to an extension cord, running from a converter in my car.

The circle was free-handed.

Circle Of Boss by Gheybe, on Flickr

MiloriFilms.com

Apex ARC-8 18x9 with Nitto Invo 255/35/18 all around - M Tech II - ZHP and BMW Performance shift knobs - Eibach Sportlines - Alcantara wheel - Headers - Active Autowerke Custom Tune - Much More

Comment

How did you light the car? Strobes?

Oh, and btw, nice shot and bad ass car.
      Last edited by FlatRocker; 12-07-2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

EXIF data says 2.5 second exposure... I bet he painted the car with the same tube he used for the circle.
        StatusRacing.com
        Configure YOUR Seat Here
        Tel: 1.480.265.8600
        Email: sales@statusracing.com
        Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X