Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feet wet... now drinking from the pond...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feet wet... now drinking from the pond...

So I have been shooting vehicles for a bit, mainly my own, and want to get better. I personally can't find my own technique so I seem to play with the different ones I find.

I like the random shots that most post on this site, generally people working on their rides. I also like the style used in most of them.

Practicing getting some better shots from the different work that I do on vehicles as well as different shoots so critiques on the photos are welcome.

Be cruel if need be. I can take it.

Photos taken with a Canon Rebel XT and 10-22mm lens

Last edited by blurred; 12-01-2011, 07:19 AM.

i love doing work pics and harbor freight angle grinders, 2 years on mine and going strong.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Work/Action photos are great!

Comment

Yeah, always enjoy seeing them...

Anyone got anything as to how I might be able to make these better?

Comment

pics look great. what do you shoot?

Comment

Canon rebel xt with a couple different lenses.

Here are a few I shot a while ago.

Comment

Just got this one of my little guy.

Comment

And I'll just keep going.

Another I got of my son...

Played in the rain today with some of the things that I have seen and learned from this site...

Last edited by blurred; 12-06-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

New shots aren't bad, although I seriously suggest taking a few steps back, having the truck take up the whole frame makes the photos hard to view, and actually takes a lot away from the photo. That industrial location looks (from what little I can see), really cool, and would be awesome to have more of it in there with the truck in frame.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Took it and made some re-attempts. The top image of the truck shows as much of the background as I had in the original shot with the dumpster cut. Helps the image out a bit more.

I cropped the last one to give the appearance of more background, or at least more background than truck. Not sure if it worked out to everyone's liking, but I think the crop turned out... enough to make it a sig. ~shrug~

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate you taking the time to critique. Hell, this site inspired me to search for that style of lighting shot (the garage)...

Comment

Working...
                    X