No announcement yet.

Racelands anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is 3 pages long and the OP is clearly trolling... seriously guise?
    Great neck

Comment

<Imagine a cool photo of a white 98 M3 sedan sitting low on staggered DS2's here>

Comment

^^ thats what i said.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

This thread is turning into a bimmerforums R&S elitist rant.

I have racelands.
          I like them.
          I really don't get how people have had issues with them "blowing up" or whatever.
          Mine have been fine.

Guess i was lucky? either way i can give two shits.
          Instagram: @Tehshewz

Comment

the different between raceland coilovers and GOOD coilovers is the same different like driving a yugo and a porsche 911.

my pictures on FLICKR

Comment

I have Racelands on my 318ti. I drive the hell out of my car on the street and on the track with no issues at all. If you want cheap coilovers, they work great. Im planning on upgrading to something with more dampening adjustment in the future, but for now I really cant complain.

Ive had kw v3's, h&r, and other brands of coilovers on some of my other vehicles, and sure you can tell the difference. Most people really dont care or dont know how a properly set up car feels anyway. Also when you have a car that costs a few grand or less, people cant justify spending that much on coilovers.

Ive seen Bilstein and KW struts that are blown out, even H&R springs that have collapsed and cracked. Half of the big name suspension companies popping up recently have all their stuff made by the same factories overseas, and they just slap their name on it or "assemble" them in the US. You really aren't getting high quality suspension unless you spend $4-10k+ on something like Moton, Ohlins, JRZ, Penske, etc.
              Last edited by wht94lytng; 11-30-2012, 09:18 AM.
              Instagram: instagram.com/dominant_engineering

http://www.dominanteng.bigcartel.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46382132@N00/

Comment

Originally posted by wht94lytng View Post
                Half of the big name suspension companies popping up recently have all their stuff made by the same factories overseas,
                for shure:
                hr and kw "right" overseas -> germany
                raceland "left" overseas -> china

my pictures on FLICKR

Comment

Originally posted by odie View Post
                  for shure:
                  hr and kw "right" overseas -> germany
                  raceland "left" overseas -> china

Originally posted by wht94lytng View Post
                  Half of the big name suspension companies popping up recently have all their stuff made by the same factories overseas, and they just slap their name on it or "assemble" them in the US.
                  HR and KW aren't the NEWER companies I'm talking about.
                  Instagram: instagram.com/dominant_engineering

http://www.dominanteng.bigcartel.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46382132@N00/

Comment

this thread is old and stupid
                    let if fucking die already
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

I had Rokkor (Raceland) on my E36 and didn't have any issues. They were decent for what I paid for them. I just wanted a lil' lower than stock though, not slammed.
                      Last edited by relmonte; 12-01-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I had racelands on my e46 and they worked just fine for daily driving, and would be perfect for a temp set up. you guys are dicks. trust me theres always gonna be someone who has nicer wheels, coilover, etc, etc whats the point of being rude about it?

Comment

I run racelands on my ms3.. I dont have any issues with them.. Good for lowzz on the budget.. But thats about it.. I just bought them as a temp setup.. And i def wouldnt track them.. I plan on going kw in the spring..

Comment

I know a few people who run them(one on a miata and one on a e36), the saying is you get what you pay for, but all in all they are a decent coilover for less than $500 brand new
                            2004 BMW 545i 6 speed
                            2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS 5 speed

Comment

I've also had some of these coilovers. Racelands on my tC and both e36's. never had a problem with any of them. Had them for about 1-2 years each.

Comment

Working...
                              X