Thread: Coilover options for a b5 passat wagon

Default Coilover options for a b5 passat wagon

So, if things go well, I'll be picking up a stock b5 1.8t passat wagon here in the next week or so.
    Now, obviously the wagon weighs more than the regular sedan passat. My question is, is there wagon specific coilovers? Or will the standard b5 coils work on the wagon?

What coils should I order to to achieve max the maximum lowliness one can squeeze outa a wagon? My budget for coils will be roughly 500-700, depending on if I can talk the seller down from his asking price. Then of course there will be the issue of wheels, but owning a mercedes and having a few sets of benz wheels opens my options for a temp solution until I can sell my m3 wheels.

But yeah, thats the problem I currently have, any help would be appreciated guys! Thanks!

Zach.
    Balls Deep Squad.

Go with fk's

How do you guys feel about kw v1 coilovers?
    Balls Deep Squad.

Bump
    Balls Deep Squad.

I think D2 Racings go pretty low. I'm not much of a VW guy though, so you should probably verify that.
    StatusRacing.com
    Configure YOUR Seat Here
    Tel: 1.480.265.8600
    Email: sales@statusracing.com
    Fan us on Facebook

Local guy here has kw v3's and absolutely loves them, they are on his Audi TT however

I just bought a b5 passat that's on vogtland coilovers. I have yet to adjust them/see how well they ride and how low they can go, but from a quick test drive it's pretty low and relatively smooth. I'll figure out the exact part # if I can

here's a shot of the car
    Last edited by Buick40; 02-24-2012 at 08:46 PM.

does the b5 audi and b5 passat share the same platform/ chassis? also are the suspension etc the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Buick40 View Post
    I just bought a b5 passat that's on vogtland coilovers. I have yet to adjust them/see how well they ride and how low they can go, but from a quick test drive it's pretty low and relatively smooth. I'll figure out the exact part # if I can

here's a shot of the car
    Where did you buy that from? i think its my friends old car.
    doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick40 View Post

here's a shot of the car
    wow, i never thought id see this thing again, this was actually my fiancee's old car... she traded it in on a 2012 beetle at garnet VW

Yes. I found it in PA somewhere, had been abused a bit.

I found images of the car on those wheels and before that on some black, 19" touraeg wheels, looking pretty.I'm hoping to restore it to something resembling its former glory.

it's now got 200,000 miles.

You wouldn't happen to know any of the maintenance history on the car, would you? LOL.
    It didn't have any records past 70K when I bought it.

yea, we didn't either... the motor was rebuilt at 138,000 by the previous owner before her, oil changed every 6k, the hatch hasn't worked since she got it haha....