No announcement yet.

MK5 on coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well thats the thing i took my helpers out and i let them settle in. its an ok drop but i feel like it should be lower compare to other mark generations on coilovers so i was thinking of cutting like maybe 2 inchs into the frame. and my car is white but ima wait till the spring. and maybe im thinking i gotta lower it because all the mark 5's have lips

Comment

Originally posted by maserat_E View Post
      should i get my frame notched?? would it be smart ?
      if you want to be low, yes.
      025garage

Comment

Originally posted by maserat_E View Post
        well thats the thing i took my helpers out and i let them settle in. its an ok drop but i feel like it should be lower compare to other mark generations on coilovers so i was thinking of cutting like maybe 2 inchs into the frame. and my car is white but ima wait till the spring. and maybe im thinking i gotta lower it because all the mark 5's have lips
        keep in mind that other MK's can "cheat" by using 13-15" wheels

so on a 17-19" wheel they would be just as "low" as you are

kinda sucks

I'm surprised there is no "chart" flowing around with the shortest shock/strut coilover assembly

I know that the FK one is A LOT shorter then a stock shock/strut

but this may vary between coilover manufacturers (which is why a chart would be nice - lets you see what you can use and decide how low you want to go)
        Air and Schmidts

Comment

this is mine ok fk silverlines.. all way down in the front (helpers still in) a good amount in the rear left.
          7VNZRO3

Comment

Originally posted by M703 View Post

this is mine ok fk silverlines.. all way down in the front (helpers still in) a good amount in the rear left.
            slam it!

if your front is all the way down you can definitely do the rears!

my rear tire is tucked and my front is a little

just wait until Spring ... there will be a nice update
            Air and Schmidts

Comment

fk silverlines 0 threads front and rear, notched

Comment

Originally posted by POMAH View Post
                slam it!

if your front is all the way down you can definitely do the rears!

my rear tire is tucked and my front is a little

just wait until Spring ... there will be a nice update
                in the spring im getting my frame notched, and my helpers out. THEN i will slam the front, and the rear. right now everything sits pretty even, i don't want reverse rake.
                7VNZRO3

Comment

do you have any more pictures of your car?

Comment

me? if so, this is my flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mantonucci/ but thats the only picture so far with my current coil settings. i plan on taking more soon.
                    7VNZRO3

Comment

Originally posted by powww View Post

fk silverlines 0 threads front and rear, notched
                      loving it !

M703 - you can definitely have plenty of room to go lower in the rear, but maybe there is a difference between GLi and GTi

I love mine, I want front to tuck tire

how are your roads? hope you don't go "too low" for your roads there
                      Air and Schmidts

Comment

yeah, i think there is a difference because yours looks pretty even all around! and roads are crap! esp. the ones i commute to work on, but you gotta pay to play right?.. are your fenders rolled?
                        Last edited by M703; 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM.
                        7VNZRO3

Comment

i want to lower mine but i dont want my rears to look lower im not a fan of that. so i guess the only thing i can do is notch my frame. but i have to wait till the spring. your gli looks great though

Comment

Comment

hope you guys know what you are doing when you are getting that notch done

if you see air in your future, then definitely do it!

my front end is weird, I think its stock, but I have seen people rub like crazy and not be as low as mine is, I've yet to rub ANYWHERE in front or back, even at full lock

I do scrape like a madman pretty much anywhere I go, because of how the drive-ins into driveways and parking lots are made around here

powww - those are A8's right?
                              Air and Schmidts

Comment

Yeah euro a8's. Dropping them off for polish tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X