Not Driving Straight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Driving Straight?

I recently lowered my e36 BMW with raceland coilovers and cosmoracing camber plates. Putting them on the car was a hassle. I have read on the forums that these both go well together but for some reason the coilovers didn't come with washers so when I installed them both the coils were binding when I turned because they weren't rotating correctly because there wasn't enough space. So I had to make my own washers to fit on there since I couldn't buy the right dimensions at the store.

With that said, I went to get my front tow aligned since lowering it made the wheel pull to the right. After they did that I drove off and now I have to hold the wheel slightly to the left for it to drive straight or it will pull right still. I understand that since I lowered it my e36 would drive different but I figured it can be fixed.

Sorry if it's a bit confusing, I am new to this.

Pics;

Last edited by bmwbabe; 10-25-2011, 03:59 PM.

inb4....

get a full alignment.

i wouldn't be surprised if those horrible camber plates are the culprit.

go back to stock strut mounts and see if it persists
    Last edited by Jesus Christ; 10-25-2011, 04:06 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

link?

Comment

no link necessary.

tell your BF to replace those camber plates because 1. they are completely useless in your application (if your car is the one in your sig.) 2. ive seen a set of those camber plates and they are very low quality, i would actually go as far as to say dangerous and would not be surprised if they are causing your misalignment after getting the car aligned.

you should still have your old strut mounts so try reinstalling those and aligning it again.

have you taken off your steering wheel recently?

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
          no link necessary.

tell your BF to replace those camber plates because 1. they are completely useless in your application (if your car is the one in your sig.) 2. ive seen a set of those camber plates and they are very low quality, i would actually go as far as to say dangerous and would not be surprised if they are causing your misalignment after getting the car aligned.

you should still have your old strut mounts so try reinstalling those and aligning it again.

have you taken off your steering wheel recently?
          i see what you did there....
          Originally posted by Kielan
          I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

+1
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Okay thanks for the info. I'll definitely try that..

Comment

Working...
              X