Huge Rev Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Rev Problems

So today I get a call when I am sleepin and it turns out that my mothers Infiniti wont start. So I gave her the keys to my 2000 323i cause I kno she has an important meetin today. She goes out side and all i hear is Vrrrrrrrrrmm. And I hoped it wasnt my car. Then I hear it again, she calls me and says that sumthin is wrong with my car and when she starts it revs all the way to the redline. So I go out side and start the car and it works fine with me,at first it went to about 1050 rpms cause the block was still cold then went down to about 900 rpms then went up to1200 then 1800 then 3500 in a matter of about 5 secondz and I could see what she waz saying. So i turned it off and then started it again and its fine now. A couple of weeks ago i had my boy do a code read cause my engine light is on but its not anything that would cause this. All you e46ers Help Me!!!!!!!????

1990 325is- current project
    1986 325e- Parts Donator
    2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
    1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

try e46f.com
    -Jorge-

Comment

cam sensor?

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

check the throttle cabel mount, the throttle on that year was controled both electronicaly and via cabel as secondary a back up input. they like to come out of the bracket and hang up places.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
        I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Working...
        X