Slamboard? I think yes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slamboard? I think yes.

It all began when my friend showed me this slammed skateboard one day that was at some car meet and the moment we saw it we knew we had to get one. After weeks and weeks of lagging, we finally had a chance to make it! We decided we might as well post a thread on how to make one just for the hell of it, all in all it was fun making the boards! Enjoy!

That was the one I saw. I'm not sure if he's the one who started it but I know there's lot of people who built it. Credits to whoever built it first and for the sick idea!

What you're going to need:
    Skateboard deck.
    Pair of trucks.
    A set of skateboard/longboard wheels.
    Long screws and nuts.
    Coping saw.
    Electric drill.

First of all, obviously you need a skateboard. Attach the trucks on top of the board the way you want it. There really isn't any difference facing the trucks in or out, the only thing that it affects is the distance between the wheels, probably a few millimeters difference. Take your wheels and roughly measure out how much you want to cut out, mark it with a pencil or whatever and get cutting!

We chose to use a coping saw cause it was the easiest way we thought of. We first began cutting the two sides of the square we drew, and then used a drill to create a circle right on the border of the square to fit the coping saw blade inside. After it was in, cut on the corner and cut out the box! Continue the same thing for the 3 other boxes and you should have a skateboard with 4 square holes.

The next thing we did was sand the corner with some P220 sandpaper to give it a smooth feel and look.

Now that the skateboard has the holes cut out and smoothed out, it's ready for some trucks and wheels for fitment testing!

After we assembled the boards, they looked amazing! So we went to go ride it around but..

Ollies? Hahaha

But.. we found out well.. that it was too low. Wayy to low; to a point where it was extremely difficult to ride. And because we used normal skateboard wheels, the ride was pretty rough too. Solution?! New wheels! Longboard wheels!

The final outcome!

The ride after we put on longboard wheels was completely different. It actually felt like a longboard kind of haha and it was a lot smoother. It's a few millimeters higher than it was before and now it's actually pretty easy to ride once you get used to it.

Hoped you enjoyed this thread! Now go out there and make yourself a slamboard!

Nice build, there is not enough poke and the tires are too fat IMO
    Last edited by X5X; 11-23-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Want.

Comment

What about some camber?

Last edited by Manic.; 10-16-2011, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Im gunan be doin one of these again lol. Some fuckin Punk kid stole mine

But nice work, i like the Normal Skate board wheels over long board but i might try them.

Comment

How did you go about making the camber?

Comment

heat the axle up a little, Put a bolt on the end, use a hammer and tap it up till u have the camber angle u are looking for. U will also have to take a drill and make the inside of the tire bigger to clear the axle

with long board wheel if u add camber u will burn the tires down a nice amount till u literally drag the board lol

When i first did it, people though it was messed up that i cut up a 100$ Deck to make this
              Last edited by ChristopherJason; 10-16-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I've got to make one.
                '88 323 - K-swapped
                '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

winning. this is what will happen to my old skate.

Comment

Gonna make one to roll around campus on. Bitchez go crazy ova some mad tyte skate boarders yo!

Comment

fo sho ^

Comment

Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                        Gonna make one to roll around campus on. Bitchez go crazy ova some mad tyte skate boarders yo!
                        haha i was thinking the same thing
                        Originally posted by cobrawannabe
                        More lotion.

My build thread

Instagram: Franswishaaa

Comment

Originally posted by siopaolover View Post
                          haha i was thinking the same thing
                          plus it sets you aside from the other skate boarders

Comment

Im making one out of a shovel

Comment

when I'll get home from school today I'll make one asap of ye old board but I got a special paint surprise for it.. is it okay If I post the pics OP?

BMW E30 316 Type 1 "Isabel"

Originally posted by NickBroderick
                              I saw a stock height vette scrape into a restaurant parking lot when I was dropping off my brother for work. I then scraped a lot more than him and became happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X