E36 belly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vollosso View Post
    It seems to make sense to add a $20 skid plate and keep your frame rails perfect....
    i've only been driving a low e36 for a few weeks, but in my experience, if you're low enough to need such a skid plate, you don't have room for it. i'm really not too concerned with keeping the frame rails "perfect" on my 13 year old, $5k BMW.
    025garage

Comment

if you dont wanna scrape your car on the floor dont slam it.

oh you wanna slam it? get an x brace it will protect your pan even though its no where near danger

what about my frame rails? dealwithit.gif there no way to avoid it if you are low.

skid plates only will reduce clearance not worth it, so either get 18's or dont slam it because your rails hitting the ground is inevitable

i also want to point out that you have to notably really low to constantly hit them andscraping them once in a while is ok, they will look like dr ak's above which is fixable if you care that much.

you would die if you saw mine or other really low e36 rails. ill post a pic when i can
      Last edited by Jesus Christ; 11-03-2011, 01:15 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by nhojyauq View Post
        what did you manage to hit?^
        bridge to sum it up.

Originally posted by Bimmerblood View Post
        you pan sits high enough for the m3 xbrace to be installed right under it.... it came stock on my 95 cabrio, gives me some piece of mind that i would have to replace that instead of an oil pan lol
        uhm not always true, my xbrace= fine oilpan=cracked

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
        if you dont wanna scrape your car on the floor dont slam it.

oh you wanna slam it? get an x brace it will protect your pan even though its no where near danger

what about my frame rails? dealwithit.gif there no way to avoid it if you are low.

skid plates only will reduce clearance not worth it, so either get 18's or dont slam it because your rails hitting the ground is inevitable

i also want to point out that you have to notably really low to constantly hit them andscraping them once in a while is ok, they will look like dr ak's above which is fixable if you care that much.

you would die if you saw mine or other really low e36 rails. ill post a pic when i can
        my pan had danger but i do agree get a brace or a plate for there. and god my rails are the same. ill post a pic of mine to when i get it on the lift.

Comment

Originally posted by iwannabeam3 View Post
          bridge to sum it up.

uhm not always true, my xbrace= fine oilpan=cracked

my pan had danger but i do agree get a brace or a plate for there. and god my rails are the same. ill post a pic of mine to when i get it on the lift.
          something else was a factor, the pan sits over the rails and subframe.

there had to be something out of the ordinary as in not just a bump or dip

Comment

Lol haven't checked this thread since my last post, you got so offended. It just seemed that you couldn't grasp the concept of covering get scraped off, which I would have thought would have been simple.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              Lol haven't checked this thread since my last post, you got so offended. It just seemed that you couldn't grasp the concept of covering get scraped off, which I would have thought would have been simple.
              i'm not sure if this is in reference to me, but regardless: i was asking if anyone had experience with a product that was different than conventional spray-on rubberized coatings, which only one person actually answered. you're dynamite drop-in had nothing to do with my question, was out-of-scope, and shit yeah i got offended.

i can't grasp the idea that people who "love" cars so much don't see rust on the frame rails as a concern. let alone the fact that we're talking about "frame rails" that really aren't frame rails since the car is unibody. whether it's a 5k BMW or a 50K BMW i'd still treat it the same way. i'm just a pussy with cars.

and like the numerous other posts; if you're that low that you're scraping, either be anal and keep protecting the steel or just man up and go ballin'

Robby

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno730 View Post

i can't grasp the idea that people who "love" cars so much don't see rust on the frame rails as a concern. let alone the fact that we're talking about "frame rails" that really aren't frame rails since the car is unibody. whether it's a 5k BMW or a 50K BMW i'd still treat it the same way. i'm just a pussy with cars.

and like the numerous other posts; if you're that low that you're scraping, either be anal and keep protecting the steel or just man up and go ballin'

Robby
                I suggest the you man up option.

It's not like the floor is gonna fall out like in fast and the furious, all you'll get is a little surface rust which is easily repaired should you want to restore it or just decide you don't wanna bang it anymore.

For what it's worth I wouldnt do it to a e46m or e39m but fuck it it's the most produced BMW and probably one of the most produced European cars. So have fun, banger up and fix her or throw her out.....or just don't slam it.

Comment

If you want to coat it, coat it and see what happens. POR is pretty stout.

Or somehow mount up thinnish pieces of TI and spark.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                    If you want to coat it, coat it and see what happens. POR is pretty stout.

Or somehow mount up thinnish pieces of TI and spark.
                    JB weld some TI on it! i will do this hahaha

nhoJyauQ/John Quay

E36 Vert Build

Instagram @nhojyauq

Comment

Working...
                    X