No announcement yet.

I swear I'm not gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine Green Pearlcoat is a pretty uncommon color for a Neon. It was also available on the Stratus and Caravan.

The plan was to run 10mm spacers all the way around, I got extended lugs for the front but not the rear. Finding a quality hub centric 10mm spacer wan't easy either. Having -0.5 degrees camber in the rear would have put the rear tires right into the fender without rolling them. The front was set at -1.5 so all is fine and dandy up there.

I'll have pictures of the Miata later today.

Comment

Comment

I'm ordering shifter rebuild parts from the dealer today. I might change the diff fluid once the parts come in.

Comment

The Shifter rebuild will be in Friday and i'll be tracking the Alpine sunday.

I really want some Te37vs for the Miata. They would need to be silver to go with the top though

Comment

sell both of the neons and dump all the money in the miata lol welcome to sw

Comment

I have more money in the Neon's suspension then what it is worth. I rather pay off the Miata before I buy a bunch of stuff for it.

I'll probably have more sunday. This was back when I had only installed the coilovers.

Comment

I went to an auto-x sunday and won first place in the novice class with the Neon. I beat a Mustang and a WRX, mwahaha.

Its a shame I didn't have a good set of tires. I raced the car with a 2 year old set of Goodrides, yes, Goodrides.

Comment

I'm planning on getting Toyo R1Rs for the Miata and something cheaper for the Neon. I just have to find somewhere that can actually get the Toyos.

Comment

Haha. I used to race those Neons. As a road car they are pretty shitty, but they are amazingly good on the track. Get some nice coilovers, proper tires and Hawk brake pads and you got yourself a vtec killer!

You will still look gay though...
                    sigpic
                    If it can't take me to heaven, I'll drive it straight to hell...

Comment

BENNETT

sup
                      __
                      Black '96 Plymouth Sport Coupe; poor mans SRT swapped

Originally posted by LenAyala
                      Your car will spontaniously flip over and crash if you use the PT valvetrain without big cams.
                      Originally posted by Fail
                      Originally posted by Una
                      If you're not breaking things, you're not going fast enough.
                      Black '96 Plymouth Sport 2.4 MTX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by FredrikSoerlie View Post
                        Haha. I used to race those Neons. As a road car they are pretty shitty, but they are amazingly good on the track. Get some nice coilovers, proper tires and Hawk brake pads and you got yourself a vtec killer!

You will still look gay though...
                        I was going to go with Performance Friction front pads. They have a good brake edge code reading and I can run down to the local store and get them. I also found a cheap set of almost new rims and tires for $350

I hear you on the gay thing though. I was the only neon at the track, it didn't bother me a bit though.

Comment

Originally posted by capiton23 View Post
                          BENNETT

sup
                          EDDIE

I need to work on the multi-quote thing.

Comment

__
                            Black '96 Plymouth Sport Coupe; poor mans SRT swapped

Originally posted by LenAyala
                            Your car will spontaniously flip over and crash if you use the PT valvetrain without big cams.
                            Originally posted by Fail
                            Originally posted by Una
                            If you're not breaking things, you're not going fast enough.
                            Black '96 Plymouth Sport 2.4 MTX Coupe

Comment

I support this thread.
                              "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

I got the rims and tires on. I'm not the biggest fan of them but they were cheap. I need to clean the car and take pictures. I'm gonna get some vynil cut out for the center caps, either a Dodge ram head or "neon" in the correct neon font.

Comment

Working...
                                X