No announcement yet.

JOM vs TA-Technix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just join this tread because i have a similar question.. I have also looked at both the TA and the JOM and a friend told me the other day (He's a VW mechanic) and he would prefer the TA to the JOM.
    But i think it's a hard question, because somebody like it as stiff as possible (that's me) and other people prefer the more forgiving coils.
    I would like a stiff set of coils because i want 16" rims on a Polo 6N, and i'm going all in for the "Stance style" so i would like coiles witch don't would make my tires rub constant if i have somebody on the back seat. ;-)

Have a nice day!
    Airride are for pussy's! - Go static or go French!

Comment

i have joms on my e46 and find them very good and very comfortable with just the right amount of stiffness although with all these cheap coilovers the adjuster rings tend to lock up after a few weeks

Comment

Havn't tried the TA-Technix, but I have the JOM (Blue) installed on my Polo 9n3, its not toooo bad for the price

Polo 9n3 STO Tuned 1.9 TDI

Comment

I am very interested in this too. I have an E39 and heard about the JOM coilovers....has anyone had them on an E39 on here? How do they ride? I just want to stance the car. Its an automatic so i want a comfortable ride.....

Comment

I have TA on my e39, pretty comfy.. with to much low in the rears its rubbe di rub rub.. I dont know how much stiffer JOM is but I think you should try
            teamdb

Comment

Anyone knows who retails JOM coilovers in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE39 View Post
                Anyone knows who retails JOM coilovers in the states?
                i second this,
                someone on r3vlimited does a group buy on them but only through paypal only

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE39 View Post
                  I am very interested in this too. I have an E39 and heard about the JOM coilovers....has anyone had them on an E39 on here? How do they ride? I just want to stance the car. Its an automatic so i want a comfortable ride.....
                  I installed JOB coilovers on E39's and they are actually not THAT bad. They dont go low though.
                  The worst car I ever been in so far was E46 2dr on racelands.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

I have JOM coils for about 6-8 months. I drive on them in the cold ass cleveland weather and they perform flawless. The car I have them on is a e39. I worry about them going bad but so far so good. If they do go bad I will have them rebuilt with higher quality parts if I can. My car rides on the ground with no bounce. Love my crappy JOM coils. Spent the cash I saved on thrust arms, stab links, strut mounts, and tie rod ends. Money well spent if you ask me.

Comment

if you want cheap coils that go low for an e36 just buy rokkors... mine will be for sale in march
                      HoodRatStatus
                      Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Likely that no one here's had this done, but I'm thinking of getting them for my C30. From what I heard, good quality for the price, and I figured it'd be good for the 1st stage of my build...

THing is, is there anyone here with a C30/Focus/Mazda3 who has used JOM's? (IIRC, Mazda3s and C30's have the same suspension components, but I could be wrong)

Comment

Working...
                        X