Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benz people! Need W124 help, E36 Coilovers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone tried to fit the BMW Z3 rear shocks/coilovers on 124 chasis?

i want to know are they longer like the E36 ones, or they're shorter?

flickr

Comment

I did...Both fully extended!

Comment

Originally posted by kova View Post
        I did...Both fully extended!

thanks a lot buddy, now that's a helpful info...

so the BMW Z3 coils should fit fronts and rears just fine?

are those KONI's shorter than the stock ones for Z3?

flickr

Comment

Yep!They fit superb...Those are actually struts from E36 compact...But the same thing is for Z3 and rear end of E30...

Dont know if they are shorter than stock struts but I can tell you this...

The fronts are shorter than stock w201...

Comment

So there still doesn't seem to be a definitive answer for what coils will work on a 124. I am set on doing coils, I'm done with this cut spring bullshit.

Through my research, it seems as if whoever does use the raceland front coil is wishing for more support with the top strut mount.

E-Class (W124) - W124 Coilovers - Are there any coilovers available for our cars? I dont know if there is a thread made like this already (im sure there is) but it seems that the W124 is a pretty popular car. Its pretty wierd that there are no coils available!

Does anyone have more input on this subject?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
              So there still doesn't seem to be a definitive answer for what coils will work on a 124. I am set on doing coils, I'm done with this cut spring bullshit.

Through my research, it seems as if whoever does use the raceland front coil is wishing for more support with the top strut mount.

Does anyone have more input on this subject?
              About two years ago I had my w201 (which is the same suspension setup) on a e36 raceland kit. It rode great and was super slammed on W208 16s. I had to do some fab work for sure but my cost was still under $500 for parts and i did the labor myself. The car is now sold but i was happy with the results. I dont have to many pics of everything but if interested pm me and I can send you some pics. To properly use the raceland kit theres some welding to be done and some fab work. You also need a 1/4'' think piece of steel about 12x12, rear upper and lower spring perches out of an e36, and front e36 top hats.
              Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

whatre you cut spring guys running for front shocks?

Comment

sportline or the oem ones, they're stiff enough

flickr

Comment

Bit of a thread resurrection but is there a definitive answer on using e36 compact/z3 coilover kits? They appear to be good. Also what springs should be used? Cut standards alright as they seem soft?

Comment

You can't run the true coil kit with the stock w124 strut mounts. The e36 mounts don't work either as they don't align.

Comment

I understand you can't use it as a coilover, just as struts. But do the struts mount directly to the original w124 top mount and what springs are used when the struts are used? Can you use the e36 springs in the 124 spaces or do you have to use cut original springs? Because they seem a bit soft

EDIT, Bit the bullet and ordered some e36 compact coilovers and some w124 lowering springs. I'll post the outcome.
                        Last edited by Vealyyy; 04-22-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Old thread resurrection.

Anyone who has done this on a TE? Did you convert to a non-SLS power steering pump or just block off the rear lines. Also anyone done this on a 4matic; dont see why it would matter except the angle of the front CV joints will be drastic.
                          Activity is not on my list of activities.

Comment

Originally posted by kova View Post
                            Yep!They fit superb...Those are actually struts from E36 compact...But the same thing is for Z3 and rear end of E30...

Dont know if they are shorter than stock struts but I can tell you this...

The fronts are shorter than stock w201...
                            im running 'shortened' apex front struts and H&R 60mm springs on my 201 but it sits on bumpstops, did you find yours did the same?

i wanna go ahead and cut my springs but wanted to find a front strut with a shorter body that would bolt in
                            Last edited by w201; 08-28-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have experience with the Yellow Speed Racing set up?
                              I need to know the hight adjustability on it.

Comment

benz E class or S class..... ????? this is the first benz i going to buy. just give me a help.
                                codesys

Comment

Working...
                                X