E30 Coilovers - What do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ifield View Post

-Coilovers with 6k spring rates all round ($810)
    -Helper springs all round ($100)
    -Dampening adjustment knobs ($30)
    -Camber plates in the rear ($60)
    camber plates on the rear of a e30? whatttttttt
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop??

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
      camber plates on the rear of a e30? whatttttttt
      You can get camber/toe plates that you weld onto the rear beam, adjustment then comes by using eccentric bolts.

You can just see both camber & toe plats here:

Comment

Since this thread was just bumped, we do offer completely custom E30 coilovers, shoot me a PM if you are interested.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          Since this thread was just bumped, we do offer completely custom E30 coilovers, shoot me a PM if you are interested.
          If I knew earlier..

Comment

^ i've been waiting on some announcement on the broadway stuff, i shall PM..!

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              Oh man if I knew this earlier haha
              sigpic

Comment

Try buying E21 coilovers in Australia! Building GCs are the best option that can see. What did you end up going with? Were are you in OZ?

Comment

Yeah I'm in QLD man. I ended up ordering some BC coils from a distributor on Boostcruising. You can get them on eBay too but he gave me a way better deal. They look great and I've yet to hear a complaint about them on here
                  sigpic

Comment

contact this guy, get coilovers,

THEN:

read THOROUGHLY and purchase the correct shocks.
                    BAM. 450/650 (optional) spring rate, adjustable shocks, more lows then you can handle, no welding required, and all for less then 1k.

evidence (and i love the ride quality, as does everyone that rides along)

(fenders have been dealt with(this is at the bottom of the adjuster on a 6" spring, no camber plates))
                    Last edited by ToPLeSS(e30)FienD; 07-15-2012, 06:17 PM.
                    Originally posted by HooWybrow
                    Bro, do you even e30?

Comment

Rather than do all that fussing, Email me @ Jaze@Broadwaystatic.com and get a custom set up with your choice of spring rates and custom shortened housings without having to Frankenstein a kit with no warranty or guarantee. We include camber plates and rear strut mounts, 5 year warranty and it's 100 bucks to rebuild after the warranty is up, nobody can come close to these IMO

IMG_0793 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I have BC Racing coilovers on the E34, it gets low enough, fully adjustable. When adjusted to the softest setting it's actually very comfortable, on the hardest they are very hard, but may want to have even harder springs if you wanna use the hardest setting. it gets kinda bouncy.
                        90 E34 535i/5 OZ Futura, BC coils
                        x '91 E34, BBS replica + BC Racing coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Vegardb View Post
                          I have BC Racing coilovers on the E34, it gets low enough, fully adjustable. When adjusted to the softest setting it's actually very comfortable, on the hardest they are very hard, but may want to have even harder springs if you wanna use the hardest setting. it gets kinda bouncy.
                          I'm anxious to give mine a try, I think I'll probably find a happy medium somewhere in the middle because the roads near where I live are a little rough.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                          Rather than do all that fussing, Email me @ Jaze@Broadwaystatic.com and get a custom set up with your choice of spring rates and custom shortened housings without having to Frankenstein a kit with no warranty or guarantee. We include camber plates and rear strut mounts, 5 year warranty and it's 100 bucks to rebuild after the warranty is up, nobody can come close to these IMO
                          Yeah if these were available when I was buying I almost certainly would've bought them. I'm pretty sure I actually enquired about them on the Broadway Static thread haha I think the BCs will do the job though.

As a side note it still blows me away how many helpful people there are on this forum. So many websites I use are filled with elitism and condescension but S|W just seems to demand a great deal more respect from its members. Thanks to everyone for the help, I look forward to showing you guys what I've done with my car.
                          Last edited by Ifield; 07-16-2012, 07:40 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Have you considered bagging it? My setup was less than GC's and only a little more than BC's.
                            [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Speaking from an Australian viewpoint as iField and I are from Aus, the price on Broadways will run out a fair bit more than BCs though esp including shipping. I am pretty keen on the Broadways, but it is a bit more of a hit on the wallet. E.g. BC's around $1200AU local, then get the welding done etc and install maybe $300?. So $1500 total.
                              Whereas BWS are $1700US, plus shipping maybe $300? then welding and install maybe $300? so you're at about $2300 instead of $1500. Shipping may come down, so may install and welding if you do yourself, so it may only work out a few hundred more but it is horses for courses.

i kind of want BWS just cause BWS lol :-/

Comment

broadway static.

LIKE A BOSS!
                                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                                X