• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ifield View Post
    This is the type of Gewinde what brand?
    Baby Six!

Comment

Originally posted by Red82 View Post
      This is the type of Gewinde what brand?
      Don't think they have a brand as such, apparently they're still in the process of setting up the company/website etc. There's a link to them directly under the picture in the OP if you want to take a look at them
      sigpic

Comment

Don't think they have a brand as such, apparently they're still in the process of setting up the company/website etc. There's a link to them directly under the picture in the OP if you want to take a look at them
        I understand!
        Got it!
        Thank you!
        Baby Six!

Comment

Still a bit unsure of which coilovers to buy, anyone else have any input?
          sigpic

Comment

It's a case of you get what you pay for really. I wouldn't trust the cheap Taiwanese shocks that come with the coilovers you posted as well as D2, K-sport, BC etc.. That said, I have heard that K-sport is doing a lot better with their warranty replacement shocks lately so that's a plus. All of these are going to require welding though, especially if you're really trying to get it low.

If you want a good setup on the cheap you can build your own coilovers and use Bilsteins or Koni's for less money than the setup you posted, but it will be more work. To really slam an e30 in the front you're going to have to shorten the strut housings in some manner, whether its using sleeves and corrado shocks or something like D2/K-sport/BC

Comment

following this thread.. not sure I can trust those ebay coils. Did I read that they actually can weld the front for you in factory so that it really is direct bolt in?

Comment

Originally posted by jcbe34 View Post
                It's a case of you get what you pay for really. I wouldn't trust the cheap Taiwanese shocks that come with the coilovers you posted as well as D2, K-sport, BC etc.. That said, I have heard that K-sport is doing a lot better with their warranty replacement shocks lately so that's a plus. All of these are going to require welding though, especially if you're really trying to get it low.

If you want a good setup on the cheap you can build your own coilovers and use Bilsteins or Koni's for less money than the setup you posted, but it will be more work. To really slam an e30 in the front you're going to have to shorten the strut housings in some manner, whether its using sleeves and corrado shocks or something like D2/K-sport/BC
                I'm starting to think Ksport are the best option, simply because I have heard the most (mostly positive) feedback about them. The thing that really appealed to me about these no-name blue ones was the customisation, I can just ask for everything I need in the one package and not have to buy everything separately. Was planning on the following:

-Coilovers with 6k spring rates all round ($810)
                -Helper springs all round ($100)
                -Dampening adjustment knobs ($30)
                -Camber plates in the rear ($60)

With all this it would work out to exactly $1,000 excluding shipping ($100), but I still have no idea if they are to be trusted or not. The warranty makes me a little less wary of them I guess..

Thanks heaps for the response.

EDIT - What do you mean by building my own coilovers? How would I go about this? I'm not really clued up on this kind of thing

Originally posted by Rubens View Post
                following this thread.. not sure I can trust those ebay coils. Did I read that they actually can weld the front for you in factory so that it really is direct bolt in?
                They will do that (you send them your spindles or they will source a pair for $190 extra) but I can't really do without using my car for the month it'll take them to build the coilovers for me; so I'd just get a place in town to weld them up for me when they showed up. With this in mind I might as well get a name brand
                Last edited by Ifield; 10-04-2011, 06:38 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Still a bit unsure of which coilovers to buy, anyone else have any input?
                  I have JOM Gewinde, flawless!
                  Baby Six!

Comment

thats the coilovers i got on my touring...they are good i can vouch for them...he actually custom made it to what i want...

Comment

i think its called selex

Comment

ground control, nightmare to buy (they make it as easy as possible but the hole in your wallet after shipping hurts) but dreamy ride

Comment

Call/email BC. You can get custom rates from them.

Comment

Contact Race Performance Modified about a set of GAZ coils. They will build them exactly as you spec it out. I have a set on my 'vert and love every minute I spend in it.

Vintage European Shop Blog

Like Us On Facebook

Motorsport Hardware-->4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, as it happens I ended up finding a really good deal on some brand new Bilstein sport shocks and some 60mm lowering springs. I thought this would be perfect for me after giving it some thought but having seen some E30s with the same springs I'm now a bit worried it won't be low enough! Now thinking coilovers again... Will fit the springs and shocks and see how it looks though.

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                              Contact Race Performance Modified about a set of GAZ coils. They will build them exactly as you spec it out. I have a set on my 'vert and love every minute I spend in it.
                              These sound good and I've heard of a few people using them, how would you rate the ride?
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, as it happens I ended up finding a really good deal on some brand new Bilstein sport shocks and some 60mm lowering springs. I thought this would be perfect for me after giving it some thought but having seen some E30s with the same springs I'm now a bit worried it won't be low enough! Now thinking coilovers again... Will fit the springs and shocks and see how it looks though.

These sound good and I've heard of a few people using them, how would you rate the ride?
                                lowering springs won't get you the drop you want, i'm sure of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X