Size Matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size Matters

Again, please, remove your minds from the gutters. Today’s blog post will cover the gamut of vehicle sizes, from excessively oversized to pretty darn little.

First up is this Hummer H1 over in Luci’s bay. It’s a pretty big utility vehicle, the H1, right?

…Wait a second…

…Uhhh…

Yep, that’s a super-stretch H1 limousine. Larger than some full-size freight vehicles, this limo is guaranteed to get you and your friends to the bar in style — so long as it doesn’t have to turn, or go fast. Remember that Simpsons episode where Rainier Wolfcastle (McBain’s real name) buys a Hummer-style SUV? When he’s asked about the mileage, he responds, “One highway, zero city.” This may or may not apply to this limousine, as well. You may ask how we got it up in the air to work on it. Well, there’s two part to that answer. First part: Luci has a lift specifically built to handle limousines. Second part: Very, very carefully.

On the other end of the size spectrum, we have a car that’s grown quite a name for itself on StanceWorks — Frame Bangin’ Fabel. This Miata is definitely the opposite of the Hummer, as it’s about as long as your humble narrator is tall, it’s 1.5 inches off the ground, and it’s definitely not running with a diesel motor under the hood.

Now you see where the title came from.

Did we mention he has some of the most sought-after wheels on the market for Japanese cars? These Work Equips are gorgeous, and definitely define the diminutive demeanor of the Miata.

Fabel’s getting some serious work done before H20i, so unless we get an e-mail saying “Noooooo don’t ruin the surprise!”, look forward to another post about this little guy in the coming days.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Oh Fabel, he's such a cool crazy guy in person. I swear he could talk till the end of time. Great guy, I always hope I see him at a show
    Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
      Oh Fabel, he's such a cool crazy guy in person. I swear he could talk till the end of time. Great guy, I always hope I see him at a show
      Well, I've seen his work order, and his valve cover, and I'm confused.

Is his car's name Fabel, or is that his nickname?

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Nah his screename is FABEL. That's I think as deep as it goes, but I'm not really sure.
        Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
        Alex

Comment

Looks like an ordinary lift for the limo, just looks like the people operating and lining up the limo have TREMENDOUS skill
          BMW E38
          That White Evo
          -SOLD
          instagram @kbuss
          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Haole View Post
            Looks like an ordinary lift for the limo, just looks like the people operating and lining up the limo have TREMENDOUS skill
            The weight rating is a boatload higher on that specific lift, and the arms extend a fair amount more as well.

This is, by far, the largest limo we've had on the lift though. It was a bit harrowing when we pulled it in, but it's all good and back in the arms of its happy owner now.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

i <3 fabel
              Titanium Grey Metallic E39 M5
              flickr

Comment

What's so super-stretched about that Hummer? Looks like normal 180" stretch or is there something hidden from uneducated eye?

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

you guys never cease to amaze me. I remember seeing that hummer outside your shop & thinking, damn . . . it's so long, I guess they work on that thing in the parking lot. lesson learned - never assume when it comes to FMU (rhymes too) because I'm always left in awe by what you guys are capable of.

when I saw the thread title, I laughed. thanks for the homeage on it. I bring up that plaque all the time. it's intended to have multiple meanings, but I mostly put it on there due to the wheel size where stretching the smallest diameter tire is king.

most miata guys run a 195-45 tire on a 15x8et0 wheel to fill the arch & hug the ground while showcasing a 3in. machined lip. so of course, I had to step it up by 'downgrading' those exact specs to a 14x8 3pc. wheel so I could frame bang with even more heart.

Comment

Are you feeling okay Fabel? You're a few paragraphs shorter than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                      What's so super-stretched about that Hummer? Looks like normal 180" stretch or is there something hidden from uneducated eye?
                      It's just....well...huge. H2 stretches just look a lot smaller by comparison, even if the wheelbases are similar. H1's always cast such a daunting figure.

Originally posted by FABEL View Post
                      you guys never cease to amaze me. I remember seeing that hummer outside your shop & thinking, damn . . . it's so long, I guess they work on that thing in the parking lot. lesson learned - never assume when it comes to FMU (rhymes too) because I'm always left in awe by what you guys are capable of.

when I saw the thread title, I laughed. thanks for the homeage on it. I bring up that plaque all the time. it's intended to have multiple meanings, but I mostly put it on there due to the wheel size where stretching the smallest diameter tire is king.

most miata guys run a 195-45 tire on a 15x8et0 wheel to fill the arch & hug the ground while showcasing a 3in. machined lip. so of course, I had to step it up by 'downgrading' those exact specs to a 14x8 3pc. wheel so I could frame bang with even more heart.
                      Frame bangin' means you're doing something right. You know you're on point when your village starts removing or altering speed bumps, instead of fixing them when you rip 'em out of the ground.

Gold Wheels is the reason Palazzo in Las Vegas doesn't have a speed bump going into their parking garage anymore.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

hmmm.

I'm anxious to see what's been cookin' on that guy FABEL's little slamster.

Comment

Originally posted by FABEL View Post
                          hmmm.

I'm anxious to see what's been cookin' on that guy FABEL's little slamster.
                          Well, we accidentally filled it with fireworks and gasoline. And then accidentally lit it on fire.

So there's going to be a bit more fab for fab-el than originally thought.

But it's going to make an AWESOME video.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

glad I'm having you guys dial it all in as I just knew you guys were capable of making my hairdressers verty into 'the bomb'. literally. as usual, well played FMU.

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                              Gold Wheels is the reason Palazzo in Las Vegas doesn't have a speed bump going into their parking garage anymore.
                              lol i loved that picture from bimmerfest.
                              Titanium Grey Metallic E39 M5
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X