Thread: Wekfest Dallas? Oct15th

Question Wekfest Dallas? Oct15th

What's up ya'll,

I didn't see a thread about this show.
    http://wekfest.weaksauceparts.com/wekfest/?p=295

Anyone going? Thinking about taking my truck, but I'm not sure yet.

Glad to see there's a Texas forum on here!

There's a thread on it in the Shows forum.

I will be coming with at least 1 of my buddies. I won't be showing, but will be there to kick it and check out the show. One of my friends has never been to a car show before, so he really wants to go. It will be good to see you again buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Swapmeet View Post
    Anyone going? Thinking about taking my truck, but I'm not sure yet.
    i'll be there in the black jetta below, along with 5-6 more VWs from Houston.

your truck is awesome and i'd love to see it there, but i think registration is closed. i got my acceptance yesterday and it said all remaining acceptances would be sent out today. worth sending them an email, but i wouldn't wait any longer.
    025garage

Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
    i'll be there in the black jetta below, along with 5-6 more VWs from Houston.

your truck is awesome and i'd love to see it there, but i think registration is closed. i got my acceptance yesterday and it said all remaining acceptances would be sent out today. worth sending them an email, but i wouldn't wait any longer.
    I can't wait to see your Jetta. My MK6 is a slow work in progress. Still waiting on a set of coil overs to go low enough. I'm about to order some B&G springs just to hold me over until a decent set is available.

Quote Originally Posted by SinlessVillainy View Post
    I can't wait to see your Jetta. My MK6 is a slow work in progress. Still waiting on a set of coil overs to go low enough. I'm about to order some B&G springs just to hold me over until a decent set is available.
    just a word of warning: springs don't drop these cars very much. the mkv is my wife's and she wasn't happy with a spring drop and is on H&R ultra lows now. check out europeanag.com, as there's a girl selling some b&g coils for $600.
    025garage

Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
    just a word of warning: springs don't drop these cars very much. the mkv is my wife's and she wasn't happy with a spring drop and is on H&R ultra lows now. check out europeanag.com, as there's a girl selling some b&g coils for $600.
    This is the drop the B&G springs give the front on the MK6:

I appreciate the heads up on the coils. The problem is the MK6 Jetta has an entirely different rear suspension than the MK5 Golf/Jetta. The front is the same, but the rear is what's causing the hold up on suspension parts. Right now there are H&R, Koni and KW ST coils available. The Konis surprisingly go the lowest that I've seen so far. No one has installed the production KW ST yet and I have yet to see the H&R's available anywhere. They've said the KW ST coils should go lower than the Konis, but I want to see it before dropping the $800 on them. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks people will be getting the KW ST coils installed so I can see it. Otherwise I'll get the B&G springs and wait it out for something better.

I just sent in the application. We'll see... i'm not real worried about it.
    I'm sure they'll make plenty of money with or without my truck, and O-BTW... shows over at 9pm??? I'm sure you can't leave until they say "shows over" and open the doors. Sucky sucky...

Looks like a great show, and i'm sure my truck will get love simply cause its not rice/stance (no offense) like everything else that will be there.

Juice it!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBody View Post
    Juice it!
    NICK! What up homie?! You coming up to DFW for the show?

I got accepted... They want you to bring your car in at like 9am.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Swapmeet View Post
    I got accepted... They want you to bring your car in at like 9am.

*sigh*
    Want me to come early to pick you up after drop off?

Juice it!
    NICK! What up homie?! You coming up to DFW for the show?
    I wish man. Since buying my house I've been permabroke.

I wish man. Since buying my house I've been permabroke.
    Slang rock!

Slang rock!
    I'm working on my jump shot!

I'm working on my jump shot!
    YES!!!! Nicely played!