This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do not buy from diamond racing!

i just got a set of by 8s all arouund. they look great but their manufacturing is so poor and unprofessional. all of mine came with 2 chips of paint where they hang the wheels to paint them, i was pissed as it is already and then i go to get my tires mounted and one of the center holes is off the middle of the wheel so wheel wobbles like crazy while on the machine and it wont give me an accurate balance.

dont buy them. i got so mad that i couldnt even get tires to stretch nicely on the by 8 that i got 175-55-15 just to run them for now and get something different later. and they only make by 9 for racing use not street use. and the answer they gace me was... sorry thats how we ship out all of our wheels. wtf!!!!!!

LOL @ expecting premium quality on cheap as shit steel racing wheels. read their mission statement and look at their pictures.....they arent catering to some hipster who wants to get his rocks off stretching tires on heavy ass wheels on some show car.
    Last edited by NegativeCamber; 07-12-2011, 11:13 AM.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

FYI All they're wheels are "track only" and not suggested to be ran on the street. Sounds like you got a bad set though, I'd call them and see what they'll do before you put them on blast.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

i understand they are not a show wheel, but when you are buying something new you expet it to be good condition and not poorly made like these wheels are. ive spoken to them a million times and they say that the other three wheels that do have the center bore right were a strike of luck, really a strike of luck. go on their website or if you want speak to them, 15x8 and 15x10 are made for street use as well. i understand they arent a show wheel but really how primitive must your building technique? thats why im putting them on blast, so other ppl dont get fucked over like i did.

Comment

Those wheels are designed as throw aways. Their words actually. That's why they are so cheap. It does sound like you might have gotten a bad set though. Give them a call and see what happens.
          SAABaru.
          IvyLeagueEast

Comment

i did, they dont give you your money back i know they are cheap wheels but i guarantee you that the same price wheels somewhere else are not going to come chipped and with the center bore off... i love the looks of them i guess i just have bad luck

Comment

The center bore isn't made to be the center of the wheel, they clearly state that the wheels are lug centric and not hub. Find a shop that can lug centric balance the wheels and I bet they'll spin right out.

The chipped paint is a different story though

Comment

That sucks. My 16x10s were flawless and their service was great and really nice over the phone. I think they have been getting a huge influx of orders lately which is probably why they're slacking.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

they are purpose built wheels, it sounds like your trying to use them for the wrong purpose.

it would be a different story if you were dealing with a company selling some powder coated, 3pc, forged wheels.

build thread?

Comment

Those are just racing wheels for dirt track. They last a few races, get bent and then thrown out. Its really not a surprise they aren't perfect wheels as well as DOT approved.

Comment

You do understand that there are race teams that buy these wheels by the dozen at the start of the season fully expecting all of them to end up in the scrap heap by season's end, we used to run them on our dirt car and most of those guys don't bother to balance them. NVH is the "statu quo" in a race car so congratulations you now have real race parts on your car. . .does it feel like a race car!

Diamond doesn't hide that they're building race parts one look at their site and it is clearly evident that they are catering to race cars of all types. They even have the warning below in several different places.

"NOTE: These wheels are lug centric and cannot be spin balanced off the center pilot hole."

Before you get any other crazy race car part ideas I'll tell you now. FYI- centerlock porsche wheels won't work on your vw either.

Comment

you get what you pay for. you paid for disposable racing wheels and that's what you got. you bought the absolute cheapest wheels on the market and are now suprised that they are cheaply made?

diamond racing wheels has been around for 25 years and that doesn't happen if it's a bad company. they make wheels for racers, not scenesters.
                        025garage

Comment

Nice

FYI All they're wheels are "track only" and not suggested to be ran on the street. Sounds like you got a bad set though, I'd call them and see what they'll do before you put them on blast.

Thanks for sharing this topic

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                            diamond racing wheels has been around for 25 years and that doesn't happen if it's a bad company. they make wheels for racers, not scenesters.
                            QFT

Comment

dude they are purpose build racing wheels what the hell did you expect

Comment

Working...
                              X