No announcement yet.

99 Mercedes C43 AMG - Cleaning it up Dropping it down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a 98 c43 fully loaded any one want one? I cannot sell it for the life of me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 600whp s4 View Post
      i have a 98 c43 fully loaded any one want one? I cannot sell it for the life of me!!!
      If it's not on eBay throw it on there with stacks of good photo's... I think as there is not too many of them they have kind of fallen into the shadow's of benz history a little but still shine when you jump in and stomp it

These cars are the ultimate w202 they are so much fun

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
        Everything's coming along fantastically so far!

Keep it up, can't wait to see more!
        Thanks man, I've put so much energy into my old benz it's nice to work on this one a little more. May do a few more tweaks to it next year if a little cos the jolly season is gonna eat up the next few weeks.

Comment

can't wait to see .... SOMETHING.... lol @ maxed out p/bucket account

http://www.mvip.com.au
          clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by Marsss View Post
            can't wait to see .... SOMETHING.... lol @ maxed out p/bucket account
            all sorted mate!

Comment

looking like our mates style 5 merc wagon and panda w202 will be able to help get the C43 lowered in the front this weekend. bring it on

in the meantime here is a rare thing for me to do as I am a very sensible driver, but this is mercedes put a V8 in this along with a switch to turn of the traction control right?

** mind the front wheel GAP **

Comment

Loving this build so far..

Comment

Originally posted by KürBFèéleR View Post
                  Loving this build so far..
                  thanks, a few more things to do

lower front
                  raise rear maybe 10mm
                  space out rear wheels around 10-15mm maybe
                  trim bumper in rear for clearance cos I want to keep the 255 rubber in the rear, not down for stretch
                  replace drivers skirt as it's missing a chunk if one EVER comes up for sale

thats kinda all I want to do

Comment

cheers to socalE320 and SD202 from here for getting these front springs cut.

took a coil off and #1 pads. im stoked

next up is dialling in the back. I am thinking a 10mm spacer would be perfect. and MAYBE bring the rear up a little (to give a more level or even slightly raked look) at the moment its a touch lower in the rear

Before

After

Comment

Love the car and the attention to detail, not really digging the mirror finish on the wheels though. But the C43s are very underrated cars. Looking forward to seeing where this is going.
                      I drive too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by nvrlft View Post
                        Love the car and the attention to detail, not really digging the mirror finish on the wheels though. But the C43s are very underrated cars. Looking forward to seeing where this is going.
                        yea i used to **** chrome, but these wheels are from an e55 AMG and they have grown on me. i love them now.

Comment

Love this! Work is on point
                          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Love anything AMG, especially the earlier years. I like the chrome on the silver too, I think it keeps the Benz looking luxury like it should.

Comment

awesome! front looks proportional now Ed... sits almost as low as mine, but im with 2.5 coils cut. then again im tucking rim .... yours is more "functional" ....

PS i want your wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                                awesome! front looks proportional now Ed... sits almost as low as mine, but im with 2.5 coils cut. then again im tucking rim .... yours is more "functional" ....

PS i want your wheels.
                                yea ur way lower.

It slightly rubs on highway dips a tiny bit only on front right, full lock u turn over small bumps no problem.

I like them looking dumped, but for the 43 I think ill keep it just right even with the tire line. which is why i thinking the rear could raise a little.

yeah i love these wheels now. But lorinser LM-1's with silver and machined face are still my fav's

Comment

Working...
                                X