Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Mustang Cobra convertible getting e-level setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only mustang ive ever liked
    @DollaDollaDill

Comment

• Originally posted by Belvader View Post
      you, yes you sir... I like you, I like you and your amazingly supercalafrigiousexpialadocious mustang. thank you and your piece of art for my eyegasim
      LOL thanks man, I'm glad you like it!

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
      I really love this cobra. how's the handling?
      Handling limits are still well beyond what I could ever use on public roads. The ass hangs out nicely on big smooth corners though!

Originally posted by Dwob View Post
      only mustang ive ever liked
      That's pretty high praise considering the millions of Mustangs that are out there, and I thank you for that!

Comment

• Today I disassembled the ride height sensor on the left rear corner. As shown previously, it was somehow damaged and became disconnected from the upper A-arm. So I removed it and took a stab at getting the arm straight. Here's what I started with:

Disassembled. If you look very closely on the top of the sensor's shaft, there's a small dot molded in to it. This dot must be aligned with the arm when you reassemble the sensor. The square shaft reduces the chance of getting it wrong, but I wouldn't want to do it over and over to get it right.

Took the first bend nearest the shaft out easily enough with a couple pairs of pliers. You can also see a convenient hole in the surface of my workbench that came in handy to remove the second bend.

The ball on the end of the arm is metal and pretty sturdy, but I was worried about snapping it off if I grabbed it wrong with the pliers while trying to straighten the arm. If that happened, I'd have been S.O.L. and would have had to buy and wait for a new sensor. As I mentioned, my workbench had a perfectly-sized hole in it that the ball fit into. I then whacked it a few times with a hammer until it was pretty much straight. I also removed a bit of a twist that was in the arm.

This is as good as it's gonna get.

I also lengthened the pushrod about 1/4 inch when I put it back on the car. I haven't driven it yet since I fixed it, but I don't see why it won't work properly. All this took maybe 40 minutes, including jacking the car and setting it on a jackstand, and removing and reinstalling the wheel. If this happens to you, don't spend $100 or more on a new sensor before trying this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicholas645
          Seeing this laid out on air would complete me.
          Feel free to read the rest of the thread and then let us all know how you like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicholas645
            Seeing this laid out on air would complete me.
            lol you obviously didnt read the rest of this thread.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

• Have you tried to see if your presets still work? Those sensors are really finicky and don't tend to hold up that well to abuse hence why AccuAir redesigned them. Interested to see if you got it working again!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

• Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                Have you tried to see if your presets still work? Those sensors are really finicky and don't tend to hold up that well to abuse hence why AccuAir redesigned them. Interested to see if you got it working again!
                Hmm I drove it in to work this morning, but I didn't notice if the presets were set or if I had it adjusted manually (car was up when I got in it). I'll have to check it out when I get back home next weekend. Thanks for the heads-up though!

Comment

• The stock suspension setup on the pony is nice for daily drivers with no modifications, however it will S550 Mustangs specifically can have bother obtaining off the road and launching because of thus some homeowners could notice themselves merely desirous to level the automobile rather than lowering it.
                  nuco

Comment

Working...
                  X