No announcement yet.

Agent Orange (74 Opel Manta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So thanks to a good friend of mine I picked up this pile of goodies for $20 bucks tonight!

some 1/2", 1/4", and even some 1/8" line. Also a good assortment of fittings

every bit is one step closer.

-Aron
    "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

New hardware

I need to make some custom upper a-arms that will clear the 6" diameter air bag.
      So I ran some errands today first off was Everett Steel Co. where I picked up 8ft of 1" OD .095 wall thickness tube for 7 bucks. They didn't have 1.125" like I had originally planned to use so I went with 1"

Then I stopped at Tacoma screw to get some heim joints. I brought an upper a-arm stud a for sizing. The 1/2" bore was just a tad too big so I opted for the 5/8" since it fits over the metal sleeves that go inside the stock bushings.

here is a photo of someone else custom control arm. This is pretty much what I'm doing minus the custom lower arm.

More progress pics soon.

Comment

So I found this vid on youtube last night. It gives me a lot of inspiration and shows manual paddle valves in action. They get dissed on a lot for being slow but this simple setup seems plenty fast.

A 1976 Mercedes 300D with aftermarket air suspension.
        Custom adaptation of Slam Specialties RE-5 air bags up front and RE-6 in the back.
        One 6 gallon air tank and one Viar 280c compressor.All of this controlled through four manual paddle valves.

See my complete build thread for more infohttp://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...olour-of-Money
        -Aron
        Last edited by OpelWagenGT; 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to this build....

Comment

There are more goodies in the mail and on their way right now.... :P

-Aron

Comment

I was working in the garage this morning when the mail man showed up at the door!

My valves came!

I might start mocking up where there are going to go today, if I get the motivation.

Also when I was at Pick-N-Pull the other day there was an E28 and I snagged the high beams off of it. I haven't decided if I want to keep them for my Manta or sell them off. They even came with yellow Laminex.

More progress soon.

-Aron

Comment

Decided to get off my butt and install the Valves. I figured that I should everything installed that I can. That way when it comes to the final things all the piddly stuff is done.

I want to install a switch for the compressor where the cigarette lighter is but I didn't get to that. My cigarette lighter doesn't work anyway.

-Aron

Comment

SWEEEEEEEET.
                  I can't wait to do some welding for this project.
                  sigpic
                  GARAGE | THE PROFESSOR

Comment

Got my gauges in the mail yesterday so this morning I made a mounting plate for them. I also wired in their illumination. I forgot to post earlier that I made my cigarette lighter into a switch that I will use for the compressor.

My bag plates should be coming in soon.

-Aron

Comment

Love the set up the simpler the better
                      sigpic

Comment

i am interested to see what kind of power you end up making with that setup on the 1.9L because i am doing basically the same build but with the 2.4L for my GT. i am hopping for 160-175ish at the wheels
                        That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

i think i saw you driving on hyw 9 the other day
                          im josh. i have a supra

Comment

great Manta, nice color choice
                            really like that kind of basis for projects

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. This is the point in the build where all the support is very helpful. I think you're pretty close to right on the power output of a 2.4L with the dual 40's. You could also opt for the 45's and I'm sure the 2.4L would handle it just fine.

You probably did see me on 99 I was headed to Tacoma screw on airport road most likely.

more progress soon. My next purchase will be a compressor, so I can get the rear bags installed and functioning. Then save for the fronts.

-Aron

Comment

Originally posted by OpelWagenGT View Post
                                Thanks for all the kind words. This is the point in the build where all the support is very helpful. I think you're pretty close to right on the power output of a 2.4L with the dual 40's. You could also opt for the 45's and I'm sure the 2.4L would handle it just fine.

You probably did see me on 99 I was headed to Tacoma screw on airport road most likely.

more progress soon. My next purchase will be a compressor, so I can get the rear bags installed and functioning. Then save for the fronts.

-Aron
                                it looked really cool you dont see opels every day
                                im josh. i have a supra

Comment

Working...
                                X