No announcement yet.

e38 tax refund build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best modded e38 ive seen to date!! any more updates?

Comment

Fuck me blind. This is intense.

Comment

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
        best modded e38 ive seen to date!! any more updates?
        you haven't seen many modded e38's then, look at the e38 appreciation thread, you will be amazed but i have to admit it does look decent, after the paint probably it will deserve the title

Comment

Hell

That looks really sick

I first thought you would be in the UK somehow

Comment

Originally posted by The Riddler View Post
            you haven't seen many modded e38's then, look at the e38 appreciation thread, you will be amazed but i have to admit it does look decent, after the paint probably it will deserve the title
            i have, and i did check out the e38 appreciation thread, and for me this is the best one of them all, nothings wrong with that right?

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Most definitely not the best e38 out there. Maybe widest rears, that's about all. No updates as of right now. Needs a little more pulling in the rear. Going to maybe put a thicker bumpstop on the rear to keep the quarter panels off of the wheels. Paint will be in a few months. Next step is still some skid plating.

Comment

I have to say, when I came down from Seattle for Hellaflush 8, this was my favorite car! Very inspiring, as I'm looking to buy a 740i/il in the near future.

Comment

Quick Q: Are those Depo smoked corners or clears?

Also, just a suggestion from a fan of your car and a fellow e38er, If you skid plate the oil pan your going to hit EVERYTHING with it. I suggest raising the engine a little bit and maybe reinforcing the oil pan. Not sure what you had in mind but I ripped off my plastic splash guard within two weeks of lowering the car (I'm almost positive yours is gone too or close to being gone) and that thing was right up against the oil pan. If anything i'd consider skid plating the transmission pan because thats a much bigger issue when you crack it.

I'm curious what you have in mind though.

Comment

Those are the depo clear corners that I smoked when I did the headlights. They are way too clear to begin with and the smoked ones are a little too dark for my likes. Headlights are oem just slightly smoked.

My front plastic splash guard was left off when I replaced the alternator. The transmission pan is my biggest fear. Oil pan not as much. I do have plans to raise the engine and possibly transmission a little bit just for added protection. Would like to do 1/8" thick sheet with say 3" holes all evenly spaced for airflow. Basically from frame rail to frame rail if possible.

Comment

Hey OP,where are you located?

Flickr

Comment

Wow, you took multiple things that I don't like and made something I do like. Extremely well done, I had doubts when you first posted the lips on the car.

Heres my pan with a sheet of 1/8" diamond plate welded to the bottom.

I've hit bumps with it hard enough that the car catches air and it's still holding shape fine. If you're looking to raise the engine, try contacting Revshift. They made me a custom set of mounts to my spec for an extremely reasonable price.

Once again though, well done. Can't wait to see it with paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Hey OP,where are you located?

Oxnard CA.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                            Wow, you took multiple things that I don't like and made something I do like. Extremely well done, I had doubts when you first posted the lips on the car.

Heres my pan with a sheet of 1/8" diamond plate welded to the bottom.

I've hit bumps with it hard enough that the car catches air and it's still holding shape fine. If you're looking to raise the engine, try contacting Revshift. They made me a custom set of mounts to my spec for an extremely reasonable price.

Once again though, well done. Can't wait to see it with paint.

That oil pan looks pretty stout! Id like to put a skid plate to protect the pan but it may not possible. I think I can shim the mounts enough to raise the motor without needing new mounts. Thanks for the source for them tho. I too had my doubts when I first got the lips. Kinda depressing after all that time and money. I couldn't be happier tho with how it turned out. The rears could be about +5 offset instead of 0. The rear lips hit the fender arch on driveways n big bumps

Comment

I wish my pan wasn't cast so I could so something similar to this

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by beater740iSport View Post
                                Oxnard CA.
                                knew it. im from santa paula originally, coming back for a month this summer.

how do you like the nexs so far? my dad has an e38 but the stock stuff is on its last limb

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X