This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Salad Shooters Still in Style?

I sold the Rat Taxi late last year and picked up this for $600 in January.

It's a '91 and it was totally beat.

Saggy front bumpers and compressed bumper shock in the rear (rear collision).

All the seals that held fluids leaked, including coolant, oil, ATF, etc. PCV system was clogged up, master cylinder was dead.

Oh, and the car had scratches throughout the entire body.

So here are some comparison shots of compound/polish work:

Shooters painted and mounted.

Motor resealed, new MC, timing belt, waterpump, etc etc

Some lime green in the interior.

Still needs a bit of work but it's been great so far!

Nice job with the paint and I can dig the wheels, just needs less tire, bigger spacers, and more low blah blah blah. But lime green literally would never ever work on a 240 under any conditions, actually any volvo for that matter

IG: @_olliee

Comment

I'll have to agree 100% with Ollie on that one.

When I think Volvo, I think subtle and classy.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
      yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
        Nice job with the paint and I can dig the wheels, just needs less tire, bigger spacers, and more low blah blah blah. But lime green literally would never ever work on a 240 under any conditions, actually any volvo for that matter
        So Volvos are only confined to a specific color scheme? Didn't know that.

Spacers are staying the same and so are tires. I had them kicking around the garage, but I agree that they are tall for my taste. For the budget I think everything worked out fine.

Ride height is staying the same too, I'd rather not mess with the fenders on this one.

Originally posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
        I'll have to agree 100% with Ollie on that one.

When I think Volvo, I think subtle and classy.
        Yeah, subtle goes out the window as soon as you modify a Volvo in any way.

Comment

Subtle must have a different meaning I guess; I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.

Cool valve-stem cap though, and the wheels are a good fit for this car.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
          yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazychopstick View Post
            So Volvos are only confined to a specific color scheme? Didn't know that.
            No lime green's too specific for you?

Comment

No lime green's too specific for you?
              I don't get it, you're trying to say that the lime green broke your rules on what color should work on a Volvo?

I assume BMWs shouldn't be chopped, bagged, and stuffed with a Toyota motor then.

Come on man, you're stereotyping what a brand of car should look like. On this site? Get real. Our cars shouldn't have to look how anyone else thinks they should look. It's okay to have an opinion, but don't make a statement about how "lime green would never work on a Volvo ever ever."

What are you some sort of Volvo purist?

Comment

What doesn't work?

Comment

I also agree with every word in this statement. Its looks like you doing some pretty good work there though, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknaphobia View Post
                    Subtle must have a different meaning I guess; I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.

Cool valve-stem cap though, and the wheels are a good fit for this car.
                    Yeah, there are Corvette wheels on a Volvo...there's just really nothing subtle about that already.

Originally posted by Jorge View Post

What doesn't work?
                    That's actually my business car. We specialize in helping our customers seeing themselves on TV.

If I absolutely had to defend lime green on a 240, I would say this and this one. Both I believe are a Kawi green. The green accents I used are actually Grabber Green, but you know whatever.

I do appreciate the comments though, and I ain't even maf.

Comment

Volvo's are just classy from the get go. When you try to move away from that while modifying it, it usually doesn't produce the best results. BMW's have the luxury of being both classy and aggressive, so it works both ways.

Just my .02. Interested to see updates on this one.

Comment

Damn why y'all *****, you don't drive it.
                        Op if you dig it 'sall gooodd with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazychopstick View Post
                          I don't get it, you're trying to say that the lime green broke your rules on what color should work on a Volvo?

I assume BMWs shouldn't be chopped, bagged, and stuffed with a Toyota motor then.

Come on man, you're stereotyping what a brand of car should look like. On this site? Get real. Our cars shouldn't have to look how anyone else thinks they should look. It's okay to have an opinion, but don't make a statement about how "lime green would never work on a Volvo ever ever."
                          Welcome to StanceWorks.

Everyone is always saying "Be different" and shit. But when you do something they don`t like suddenly its all wrong just because they dont like it.

Like poor litte Ollie that thinks he knows someting about how a volvo should look like

sigpic

Comment

I like what you've done with it. Even the green.

Comment

Wow, are you being serious right now? I was being nice and giving you constructive criticism but clearly you can't handle it. I gave my opinion because that's how I feel. You couldn't just accept my $.02 and move on? Obviously any color can work on ANY car if it's done right. I was generalizing, clearly. Look at that 240. Your car is nothing like that in any way whatsover. Please don't compare your car to that. You have a stock 240 with gay ass green accents because you didn't have money for real mods. This is a stance site. You're stance sucks and you aren't even willing to improve it because you don't want to "mess" with the fenders on your 600 dollar car lol. I am more open to crazy things than anyone on this site but that just looks awful, the car itself and the fitment. It's absolutely distasteful and unless you're building a track or drift car or building a VERY aggresive daily, lime green most likely isn't going to work. What I ment by my statement was a generalization and more of an implication that, judging by your modding taste, you could never in a million years pull off lime green on a Volvo. And that's my opinion. I didn't realize I had to say "and that's my opinion" after any comment I make. I was trying pretty hard to find things I liked about your car and steer you in the right direction, but if you're going to insult me than I will just be frank.

I don't have rules for modding cars, you are the one that turned my comment into that when in reality it was a simple opinion. You are magnifying one little comment that I made. I ran orange wheels on my yellow M3 but it looked good because it was fitted and somewhat tasteful, not me pinstriping some interior parts orange and hitting up pep boys to see what they have in orange. I have nothing against being different and crazy color combos but if someone put orange wheels on a stock yellow M3, I would say GTFO that looks retarded, that color doesn't belong on a yellow BMW. Big deal. That doesn't mean it's a fucking rule

Originally posted by Urkel.S View Post
                              Like poor litte Ollie that thinks he knows someting about how a volvo should look like
                              Wtf does that even mean? Because my opinion is that I don't like the green accents on a stock volvo? lol I am one of the few that actually really loves Volvos especially 240s. My best friend drives an 850 and he's been looking into getting a 240 for some time now. I've been researching these cars for a couple years and know what it takes to fit one and make it look good. I don't know how a Volvo should look like, why? Because I don't own one? Fuck off Urkel (I mean in my opinion, please fuck off)

/rant. Pissing me off and shit on one of the most stressful days I've had in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X