Opinions on Air Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by userix View Post
    Cool, so they only come on when you flip the switch and no other time, even if it is leaking? I just don't like the idea of the compressor coming on randomly without user intervention.
    no not when you flip a switch.. if you have an electronic setup, you have a "computer" that monitors everything and does it when needed, you have to "flip a switch" a few times, depending on your tank capacity, before the compressors kick on...which won't be controlled by you, by the ecu.

if you don't like it, run a completely manual setup then
    Last edited by joeyv-dub; 08-17-2011, 11:34 PM.
    TFO| STS808| JettaMKV.com

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv-dub View Post
      no not when you flip a switch.. if you have an electronic setup, you have a "computer" that monitors everything and does it when needed, you have to "flip a switch" a few times, depending on your tank capacity, before the compressors kick on...which won't be controlled by you, by the ecu.

if you don't like it, run a completely manual setup then
      I'll break it down so it's more clear for you...

An electronic setup, you'll have some form of control module and a pressure switch. When the pressure switch sees less than a certain amount of pressure in the tank, the compressors will kick on. A properly installed air system shouldn't leak hardly any air at all, so you could theoretically drive for a few days without hearing compressors, assuming you don't touch your ride height.

A manual setup requires pressure gauges so you can monitor your bag and tank pressure, and you'll have to manually turn the compressor(s) on when pressure in the tank gets low. This way is much cheaper, but requires that you pay more attention to the tank pressure.
      StatusRacing.com
      Configure YOUR Seat Here
      Tel: 1.480.265.8600
      Email: sales@statusracing.com
      Fan us on Facebook

Comment

pressure switches are $20-30 dollars....and after you have to buy the materials to mount a tank gauge in the car, and wiring a switch on to your compressor, probably ends up being cheaper. not to mention a million times more convenient.

Comment

im with aron on the dumps being annoying, this time around im gonna deff use everything possible to make that almost silent

for the compressors tho i hardly ever noticed myne in my trunk, my jetta was loud but they wernt hidden, this time im gonna try the exo mounts which hopefully are quiet
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
          X