No announcement yet.

The Quest to Stance a Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running a V70 for a few months i would be interested by some feedback about the D2!
    i even did not know there was D2 coilover for those cars!

Comment

Yeah, they're D2's. I've heard good things about them and since them and KW are the only other ones to make anything for our cars these were cheaper and a better option for where I was at.

There is currently a D2 setup for these cars, you buy the setup for the Volvo 850 since the suspension geometry is the same 850 to the s70/v70/c70. The only thing I did hear was that they might be ceasing production of these coilovers since there aren't enough people buying them to make it profitable for them to continue to make these... we'll see what happens but I'm glad I got them while they were still available.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Hi John!

You're gonna love the D2s. I have loved mine so far on the wagon.

Drop it like its hot.

Comment

Hey man! Thanks! I'm sure I'm gonna like them... lower and better than the stock stuff...

Were you able to use the endlinks that came with them?

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post
            Hey man! Thanks! I'm sure I'm gonna like them... lower and better than the stock stuff...
            Exactly.
            Originally posted by JVC View Post
            Were you able to use the endlinks that came with them?
            Yeah. I wasn't able to use them at the smallest setting however. I'm also not sure if its just mine, but my links collide with the tie rod slightly on the driver's side. I may try going back to a stock length link and see if that helps.
            Last edited by Brass Fish; 05-08-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Always nice to see new material being stanced, can't wait to see this finished.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

rattle can colormatched the rear bumper since it was super scuffed up.

thats with the rear coilovers on and still about one more finger worth of threads to go down and then I could take out the adjusters and go a bittt lower too.

Fronts should go on this week before Carlisle.

Comment

I got the fronts on... unfortunately, the tires I bought are 215/50 so I can't lower it as much as easily... hoping to acquire some smaller rubber sometime soon.

Comment

the suspension can go lower?

Comment

Coilovers certainly close the fender gap, but these cars can't seem to really get low. As big a fan as I am of static cars, it'd be interesting to see one bagged.

Whatever the case, looks like a cool build.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                      yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

that looks pretty low to me

Comment

Originally posted by Okoye View Post

that looks pretty low to me
                          haha i thought this was my wagon for a lil bit till i saw the euro rails.
                          what size tires you have in the front?

and it's not like bagged b3 passat wagon low. but still pretty awesome.

build thread?

Comment

get som steel rims from 900 series and you will get so good ofset
                            bad english becuse im swed :P

Comment

Yeah, this suspension can go a LOT lower in the front, but right now I'm limited by the tires size I have and the temporarily small budget (inbetween switching jobs).

Mattphi on here has a bagged S70, still not too many official pictures but I know he's close to completion.

It's pretty decent right now, but it will definitely be going lower in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Okoye View Post
                                the suspension can go lower?
                                Originally posted by mullemeck View Post
                                get som steel rims from 900 series and you will get so good ofset
                                The only problem with those is that they're too small in my opinion... I want AT LEAST 17's, I think the car would look weird on 16's.

Comment

Working...
                                X