Trunk Impaired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk Impaired

Hey guys, I've been a StanceWorks lurker for a little while now and I've decided to join. I'm from southwest Virginia and I'm a student on basically a shoestring budget so try not to laugh or be too mean.

Guess it's time to post some pictures of the 318ti (they're all iphone shots so don't expect like DSLR quality), it's daily driven and nothing special really.

This is how it looked when I first got it:

Then I got some Mille Miglia II's

I liked the look and concavity but I didn't have enough money for coilovers and a fender roll so I decided to get another set. (I may still use the MMII's for a winter set) They're BBS RZ412 17x8.5 in the rear and BBS Style 5 16x8 in the front. Previous owner had a full set of RZs but had an accident and one was badly damaged, he sold me 3 RZs and 2 Style 5s for the front. Several months went by and by chance I found a guy on BFC selling a spare RZ, so I now have a full set.

After buying the spare I bought some ZKWs:

Next I bought some Mtech door moldings, black AC Schnitzer mirrors, and a ZCC kit which I haven't installed yet.

Still working on getting the ZCC kit installed (there are a few kinks to installation as it was designed for the sedan or coupe, also need to get the fenders rolled) and I still need to get all the RZs refinished and on rubber. Feel free to give me any input on how it looks so far or what I should do in the future. Mtech front and rear bumpers are already in the works.

Nice!

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

looks good, what are the troubles mounting it to a ti? the zcc kit.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

not bad...i expected it was coupe but well...

NYC - CNP CREW

Comment

Originally posted by jasonklee View Post
          Nice!

Welcome to StanceWorks
          Thanks

Originally posted by Zic View Post
          looks good, what are the troubles mounting it to a ti? the zcc kit.
          Rear shock mounts (gotta get the "tall" variant from bimmerworld) also the spring seats are different between coupe/sedan and Ti but I haven't really gotten in there to see if that's going to be a problem. It's not too much as far as I can see but if the spring seats are different I may have to order some coupe/sedan ones and retrofit. Main issue is the tall RSMs though (I'm currently broke )

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
          not bad...i expected it was coupe but well...
          It'll get better, even just the drop will do wonders for the overall look. Sorry to disappoint haha

Comment

smaller tire walls on the rear make it look a little funky. aside from that I like it
            11 CTS-V
            03 Lightnng SOLD
            2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
            91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by JasonB View Post
              smaller tire walls on the rear make it look a little funky. aside from that I like it
              I agree 100%, it was the first thing I noticed when the set went on and I used that as motivation to save for and pursue another BBS RZ so I could get them changed out ASAP. I think the initial idea was that having bigger sidewalls in the front would give the illusion that they are 17s. They look better with the car lowered, but once the car is lowered I'll have all of the RZs refinished and rerubbered. Hopefully

Comment

i have the same money issue...
                but you have a great start

i would love to see how this turns out

Comment

I love RZ's... i actually may be trading my cobra for a ti with an m3 swap
                  E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                  E36 M3 Mugello rot
                  GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                  https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

Originally posted by e36cruiser View Post
                    I love RZ's... i actually may be trading my cobra for a ti with an m3 swap
                    RZs are beautiful and extra hard to find (3 out of the 4 I own were on Rusty lol the 4th was an absolute bitch to source), but don't bother with the M3 swapped ti, trade it for a stock ti with cash on top and do an SR20det swap that's my plan over the summer.

Comment

great start so far

welcome to StanceWorks
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Thanks just installed an M tech front bumper.

Comment

The M tech bumper looks great on that car. I can't wait to see the coilovers installed!
                          Last edited by BigBody; 04-30-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBody View Post
                            The M tech bumper looks great on that car. I can't wait to see the coilovers installed!
                            You and me both pal put a lot of eggs in one basket that they'll actually fit. M-tech rear bumper going on later today.

Comment

Is the roof dented? I dig the color though!
                              C5 A6 / / AMU TT

Comment

Working...
                              X