Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can i get a scion tc as fast as a 2006 Mustang Gt?

get a new car!!! by the time you spend something close to 10k your coulda just gotten something fast to begin with, and even then its a FF not the greatest for wanting a fast car.

reliable + fast = expensive
    fast + cheap = unreliable
    reliable + cheap = slow

Quote Originally Posted by WarShrike View Post
    Or get a junkyard Fox Body Mustang, $2000 in parts from Summit or Jeg's and you'll probably be running 10s in the 1/4...
    uhhhh, no........

Try this, let him beat you to the gas pump.
    Legit.

5. Default

Derp

Quote Originally Posted by Skibum291 View Post
    i had an s4- im just saying with the correct setup you can easily walk a stock gt
    My saturn wagon with a stock drivetrain and 5psi on a straight T3 has outran a stock mustang GT (03'ish), as well as a lightly modded WRX, and a more heavily modded RSX. This is all with a stock clutch that doesn't seem like it's holding all of the time. I'm guessing it would run a high 13 sec 1/4 mile with a new clutch. I know my engine can handle about 230whp reliably in stock trim, I don't see why the TC wouldn't be able to do that. At that point though the auto trans would probably be the issue.

I believe if anything is too slow you just need to run some boost through it
    94 Saturn SW2 - T3s60 7psi, slammed, daily driven
    94 Saturn SC2 - T3/T4, 13.4 @107 mph, built motor coming soon
    --MegaSquirt user--

Quote Originally Posted by PunkboySL2 View Post
    My saturn wagon with a stock drivetrain and 5psi on a straight T3 has outran a stock mustang GT (03'ish), as well as a lightly modded WRX, and a more heavily modded RSX.
    Did they know you were trying to race them?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince30 View Post
    Did they know you were trying to race them?
    all the cars he listed are 14 second cars at most, its not like he outrun anything thats actually fast

Any you chose StanceWorks to ask this question.......why? The obvious answer here is yes,. Anything can be fast if you throw enough money into it. Here's a thought.....if your goal is to go fast, why not join a Scion TC forum and search the engine/power or the racing sections? Just saying.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

about 10k in overnight parts from japan, and your scion will decimate all.
    Vimeo/ twitter/ YouTube
    zwsphoto@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
    uhhhh, no........
    uhhh, yes.

There's a number of proven combos to get a fox into the 10's. You can either go H/C/I 302 with some spray, or just plain 351 with some spray. Couple in some weight reduction and the obligatory suspension mods and it isn't hard.

As for making a tC faster than an 06...I hope you have deep pockets. You have a weight edge, but you lose it because you're FWD. Now you'll need around 300hp to run one, just a guess. That's a far cry from the 180 you've got now. You'll either need a big hit of the giggle juice or a turbo. Both of which I'm sure are easily capable of turning your engine, transmission, and axles into itty bitty pieces of metal strewn across the highway.

I'm sure it's possible, but it'll take a whole lot of cash and re-working that drivetrain top to bottom.
    I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Quote Originally Posted by Longboarding_G View Post
    about 10k in overnight parts from japan, and your scion will decimate all.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsnake00 View Post
    uhhh, yes.

There's a number of proven combos to get a fox into the 10's. You can either go H/C/I 302 with some spray, or just plain 351 with some spray. Couple in some weight reduction and the obligatory suspension mods and it isn't hard.

As for making a tC faster than an 06...I hope you have deep pockets. You have a weight edge, but you lose it because you're FWD. Now you'll need around 300hp to run one, just a guess. That's a far cry from the 180 you've got now. You'll either need a big hit of the giggle juice or a turbo. Both of which I'm sure are easily capable of turning your engine, transmission, and axles into itty bitty pieces of metal strewn across the highway.

I'm sure it's possible, but it'll take a whole lot of cash and re-working that drivetrain top to bottom.
    ive owned 6 mustangs, yes they can run 10's (obviously) but youre not going to order $2500 in new parts out of jegs and summit and run 10's like the post i replied to said. could you wheel and deal parts and have less than $2500 into a ten second car? yes, i have a 71 monte in my driveway right now thatll run 10.80s that i have $555 into. but youre not gonna run 10's with a $2500 budget on new parts. MAYBE if you put a set of axles, slicks and a 300 shot on it and it might last a few passes

and a "plain 351" with spray isnt going to run 10's, assuming by "plain" you mean stock

Yes.
    Mount a Mustang GT engine and tune it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
    ive owned 6 mustangs, yes they can run 10's (obviously) but youre not going to order $2500 in new parts out of jegs and summit and run 10's like the post i replied to said. could you wheel and deal parts and have less than $2500 into a ten second car? yes, i have a 71 monte in my driveway right now thatll run 10.80s that i have $555 into. but youre not gonna run 10's with a $2500 budget on new parts. MAYBE if you put a set of axles, slicks and a 300 shot on it and it might last a few passes

and a "plain 351" with spray isnt going to run 10's, assuming by "plain" you mean stock
    There's two things you never hear from foxbody guys, long lasting and new parts.

All my friends with foxes usually are the "Let's slap on whatever parts we can scrounge, and if we blow it up, we'll go pull a new motor from the junkyard" types. Usually lots of spray, and lots of breaking parts.

By "plain" 351 I meant not stroked and bored like crazy.

It also depends on what state the car is in when they buy it. It's tough to come across an unmodified fox these days. Usually they have some sort of H/C/I and/or fuel work done, and reinforced torque boxes FLSFC's have become pretty common sights.
    I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsnake00 View Post
    There's two things you never hear from foxbody guys, long lasting and new parts.

All my friends with foxes usually are the "Let's slap on whatever parts we can scrounge, and if we blow it up, we'll go pull a new motor from the junkyard" types. Usually lots of spray, and lots of breaking parts.

By "plain" 351 I meant not stroked and bored like crazy.

It also depends on what state the car is in when they buy it. It's tough to come across an unmodified fox these days. Usually they have some sort of H/C/I and/or fuel work done, and reinforced torque boxes FLSFC's have become pretty common sights.
    im not saying you cant get a fox into the 10's for $2500, but youre not doing it with all new parts like the guy who originally posted the comment said....unless you just put a 300 shot on an almost stock one and even then it might not run 10s before the trans or rearend puke their guts out all over the track

not sure where this thread went, but to anyone interested it is quite easy to build the tc into a car that will not only walk a gt, but make it look like its standing still although you had better be prepared to spend a good chunk of change in doing it. So i agree it would make more sense to just buy a gt, invest 3k in some goofd solid bolt ons and get a reliable 400+ whp.

Somebody close this garbage thread.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutt View Post
    ucrazymadbra!!

Quote Originally Posted by coconutt View Post
    PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by troy2003 View Post
    ucrazymadbra!!
    Mad Bra.

Or Brah?

You Sir are an idiot...