No announcement yet.

how much to cut on the e28?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already have lowering springs but they're not low enough with Bilstein shocks. How much should I cut? Do you guys cut the springs while they are still on the car or should I remove them first?

Comment

The springs are probably under pressure, so if I were you I would remove them first...
      Please do start saving for coilovers though, it's worth it

Comment

If the car is raised up and the spring isn't compressed at all, go ahead and cut with them on the car. Otherwise definitely take them off to avoid injury.

Comment

Runningpanda is running 3 coils up front and 2 in the back...(not cut, total) on all stock suspension. Get that bitch on the ground.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

I cut 5 in the rear, 3.5 in the front. Don't know if non-sport suspensions will be different... IS's got a Bilstien setup.

Car on 16's

Car on 18's

Comment

Hi Budski,

from experience, cutting two coils from the rear standard springs of my E28, and one and a half coils from the front, the car sat perfect and it actually stiffened up the ride. I was very happy with it... for a few weeks.

then i tried to go mega low, and cut more coils, and ended up with a horrible bouncy ride.

so from my experience, dont go over one and a half from the front, and two from the rear unless you want to ruin the ride.

photos of my mini

Comment

did you cut your bump stops at all when you cut 2 from the back and 1.5 from the front?

Comment

Working...
                X