Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey, this is a brake forum too! adam's rotors to the rescue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...you don't need that size for 21" wheel my friend...a 6 pot 355 would be sufficient...a 380 plenty.

won't be happening, as there aren't kits available. what caliper/carrier would you even run for such a size?
    adam | adam's rotors inc. | info@adamsrotors.com | est. 2006
    customizable factory-fit brake rotors, made-to-order | adamsrotors.com
    follow/like/@/tag @adamsrotors on twitter, instagram, & facebook | #adamsrotors

Comment

Originally posted by adamsrotors View Post
      ...you don't need that size for 21" wheel my friend...a 6 pot 355 would be sufficient...a 380 plenty.

won't be happening, as there aren't kits available. what caliper/carrier would you even run for such a size?
      off the top of my head, endless and alcon both make 400+mm brake setups (endless is 400mm and alcon is 405, i think)

i see 380mm rotors being used on 18's haha -- a lot of porsche guys do that (although most wheels won't have the clearance to be able to run that config)

Comment

oh I'm not arguing they are made...but not for Brembo/STOPTECH/Rotora applications which we cater to.

as for them being used on 18" wheels, that doesn't make its any less adequate for 21", rather overkill for the 18"...tho it's fully dependent on car weight and power/speed.

rolling diameter does infact need better braking, but it sounds more like your going oversize for look to "fill" that 21" wheel if anything...thats perfectly fine, all I mean is a 380 rotor and good BB caliper would do plenty of stopping power even for a 22-24" wheel.

...ie: I run 4 piston 355s on all my 20" set-ups...even big heavy sedans. increased piston count on an equally large rotor would be effective for the extra inch.

Comment

Originally posted by adamsrotors View Post
          oh I'm not arguing they are made...but not for Brembo/STOPTECH/Rotora applications which we cater to.

as for them being used on 18" wheels, that doesn't make its any less adequate for 21", rather overkill for the 18"...tho it's fully dependent on car weight and power/speed.

rolling diameter does infact need better braking, but it sounds more like your going oversize for look to "fill" that 21" wheel if anything...thats perfectly fine, all I mean is a 380 rotor and good BB caliper would do plenty of stopping power even for a 22-24" wheel.

...ie: I run 4 piston 355s on all my 20" set-ups...even big heavy sedans. increased piston count on an equally large rotor would be effective for the extra inch.
          oh, that's true too. for this car, it's less about ultimate performance and (obviously) more about looks. still, the car's a 5300lb behemoth.

rotora's application for this car is a 12p/405mm setup haha.

Comment

AR braking 355mm brembo rebuild installed!

Comment

great start to a new month!
              we're honored to have our S8 and company featured by Audizine.

full article & photo set HERE and company video spotlight here:

[youtube]

Comment

if you're on facebook, be sure to FAN us & keep up with the happenings at AR, alot going on!

Comment

AR merch...spread the love and rep adam's rotors everywhere!

AR hoody color way #1: red/white/black

AR's first clothing production and we're jumping right in with cut & sew.
                  true craftsmanship w/old school flare. expect nothing less from us...fully made to order, just like our rotors

AR hoody color way #2: white/red/black

hand made, real deal 3 layer chenille patch work, hand stitched to a heather grey zip-up american apparel hooded sweatshirt in XS-XL.
                  ...like nothing else out there

Comment

be sure to check out our AR braking BBK's...

...and AR braking 2-piece rebuild kit's.

the above are some of the different things adam's rotors is doing, with exclusive patterns and unique finishes...options & services unlike anything available!

AR braking: www.adamsrotors.com/BBK & ARbraking@adamsrotors.com

Comment

about ready to wrap up the newest project...who's ready to see it?

Comment

let's see it dude, I love your pics, and the brakes are stunning. If I had wheels that would actually show off the brakes I would consider getting some cause they're gorgeous
                        Instagram: danimal._
                        Mercedes Build Thread
                        Falcon Build Thread

Comment

soon!

Comment

Fourtitude's TTS-SF project is almost wrapped up and webisode 12 of the build is live and all about brakes!

we built a killer pair of rear Brembo Type-3 pattern-match rotors for the car, using AR's unique, custom pattern-match program:

be sure to click HERE for the post, and watch the sweet video as well...

Comment

been busy working on our latest project...

if you aren't a fan of us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Tumblr, here's some teasers:

Comment

I see the 380 mm rotor 18 ha ha - a lot of Porsche guys, although most of the wheel will not have space to run the configuration.
                                LED Flashlights | Cree LED Flashlights

Comment

Working...
                                X