Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the stance crowd think about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
    Its different with bags because they dont drive at their stationary height like guys on coils do.
    Don't worry guys once I man up and buy my bags, I'll blow everyones mind. And I only plan on raising my car up enough for the wheels to roll (aka less than .25") I know several guys on bags who drive at almost stock ride height and it bugs the hell out of me. My reasoning and only reasoning for going with bags is to save my oil pan when I am in areas when I absolutely need to have ground clearance.

Comment

I'm not knockin bags, I'm just saying its less respectable in the sense that you don't HAVE TO drive that height. Obviously no one knows what you do when you're rollin daily, but I find it hard to believe that you're gonna drag your car over every Driveway, bump, or imperfection you come across if you're on bags. Us on coils have no choice.

Comment

the setup I am running with isn't as convenient as most people's are, its not going to be super quick for me to just bump everything up. Plus as weird as this sounds, I enjoy scraping. When I had my old MK3 GTI I was less than a half inch off the ground at the oil pan and I enjoyed scraping because it made me feel something that I guess I cant find words to explain. But I didn't enjoy going down a road that was like pot hole city and ripping a 4" hole into my oil pan even though I was only doing about 10 mph.

Comment

I'm not knockin bags, I'm just saying its less respectable in the sense that you don't HAVE TO drive that height. Obviously no one knows what you do when you're rollin daily, but I find it hard to believe that you're gonna drag your car over every Driveway, bump, or imperfection you come across if you're on bags. Us on coils have no choice.
          Well put. I don't like bags just because they make the ride so soft, I enjoy my race car like stiff suspension and taking turns like my car is on rails.

As southpaw said, "If I run over a squirrel in the road, I FEEL its bones cracking."

Comment

Originally posted by wrathchild819 View Post
            "If I run over a squirrel in the road, I FEEL its bones cracking."
            Originally posted by da3bous
            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by wrathchild819 View Post
              Well put. I don't like bags just because they make the ride so soft, I enjoy my race car like stiff suspension and taking turns like my car is on rails.
              true to an extent. you can always use air cylinders as an alternative. they take much much more pressure to get the car off the ground and since they dont expand and contract like a bag does, those two factors make the ride much more firm. match that with 8 valves for independent corners, and its pretty stiff. well, depends on how stiff is stiff for you.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Its different with bags because they dont drive at their stationary height like guys on coils do.
                have you guys ever looked into a roberuta-type setup? pricey, but they're like little canisters that sit between the spring and the top perch on your coilovers. you fill them up with a little bit of air (like 40psi) and they'll go up to momentarily clear speed bumps or driveways, but when you deflate them, they're solid. all of the top secret cars out of japan (even their 1400hp drag supra, i think) runs those. so you get the benefit of raising your car at certain times, without the poser-ish connotation of running bags super high while driving.

Comment

Yeah. That's what I was gonna say but couldn't figure out how to say it.

I'm not gonna say I don't respect dudes who go crazy low on bags but if you don't drive that low, what's the point?

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                  ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

People that don't know what they're talking about ITT.

Comment

Originally posted by cheez80 View Post
                      have you guys ever looked into a roberuta-type setup? pricey, but they're like little canisters that sit between the spring and the top perch on your coilovers. you fill them up with a little bit of air (like 40psi) and they'll go up to momentarily clear speed bumps or driveways, but when you deflate them, they're solid. all of the top secret cars out of japan (even their 1400hp drag supra, i think) runs those. so you get the benefit of raising your car at certain times, without the poser-ish connotation of running bags super high while driving.
                      Thats exactly what I'm talkin about. Guys on coils get more credit cuz we dont lift over bumps and drivceways.

Comment

bags ftw. convenience ftw

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

^^ Cant handle static slam ftl

Comment

haha. i handled static for a couple years.

its not that i dont love rollin around slammed on coils, but it becomes a problem when i break my $800 lip a few times.

id rather roll around knowing that i wont have to worry about breaking shit and still having the slammed look. its cheating, but its not a competition. we arent getting graded. for me, slammed is slammed. its just a look. when i made it a lifestyle i spended more money than i needed to.

trust me, i LOVE watching peoples faces as i scrape up inclines, its just not worth it to me anymore. for some people, its worth it.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

"Low is a lifestyle"

Comment

Widebody B6 build

Comment

Working...
                                X