Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the stance crowd think about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bags are for semi's.
    Law 15: Destroy Your Enemy Totally: ...The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.

Comment

It really depends on the purpose in my opinion, like stated above, i drove both of my MK4 gtis rocked on coils for years, the car i have now is a daily, and i love having air. I drive lower than i ever possibly could on coils, and park lower. But in the same sense there are places i can go now that i never could, for instance the parking garage in providence, my car literally got stuck on the metal rail connecting the concrete slabs together every time i went, now that i have air i dont have to worry about that. here is a before and after.
      This was my daily height, year round on coils.

and now for my purpose, the air is great, i like being low as much as the next guy, but now i can be lower than i ever could on coils, and drivable in almost any situation

under car shots
      on Coils:

on air:

gengstout.com
      DSDAF10

Comment

I would personally never rock bags... I think coils are just too cool when you are low. I do think bags are pretty cool. Alot of VIP and Euro cars (oh and old school american) pull it off well. I don't like it when people ride high everywhere only to slam it in a parking lot. I like it when the 2nd setting for driving around is still pretty low, and then from there you slam the crap out of it.

The bags that I might rock are the ones that you use on your standard coilover. You have a small bag at the top portion of the coil spring. So you can retain the coilover ride and handling, but still go another 2-3inches lower when you park.

Comment

I personally would NEVER rock bags on ANY car that was originally thought of as a sports car. IMO, bags should be reserved lowrider mini/full size truck crowd just like old skool lowriders deserve an old skool set-up like hydros. I just feel coilovers are the proper way to go on a "sports" type car, especially if any kind of performance is desired.

Here is a pic of my friends van with bags. DON'T ****! He is a quadrapalegic so he HAS to have a van to get around and loves customizing. I mean, what else can you really do with a full size van? I think bags fit something like this.

The shows he attends mainly give you points for things that are "not factory", so that pretty much explains why it is so wild. Needless to say, he pretty much wins every show he enters. He now has a new style Avalanche front end and the hood opens similar to an e30 since this pic. There is even real $100 bills clearcoated in the hood.

Until I get a better pic...

Comment

I personally love bags, thats just me though. I have been debating between doing anything to my GTI or just leaving it stock and driving it. But if I do it will be on bags, and it will be driven less than 1" off the ground. I only want bags for road obstacles. I went through 3 pans on my old MK3 that was about 3/4" off the ground at the pan and I dont want to deal with that shit again.

Comment

love this topic because i have had both

2 years ago i would never in a million years buy bags. i looked at it as being the same as a the people that go to a show and crank their coilovers down in the show field...cheaters

i rode in my friends mk3 gti in austria at worthersee and found out how the ride was, how well it handled, and how great it was for speed bumps and steep drives.

i loved the static drop on my mk3's and love the reaction of my oilpan sparking in the middle of the night from a dip in the rode but now i can say i love the bags and dont think i would build a car without them again. that being said even my wifes opinion is towards the bags. much better ride quality and shes already planned for them on our tdi sportwagen. her mini on the other hand will be a static drop strictly because she wants to make it a track car and doesnt need it low (so she says)...

Comment

bags are for fa...
                1995 M3 C38 S/C
                [B]2001 Audi A4 2871r/B]

Comment

Originally posted by blue bags View Post
                  for instance the parking garage in providence, my car literally got stuck on the metal rail connecting the concrete slabs together every time i went
                  providence place? or another garage? that mall has the very worst entrances and exits for lowered cars. even my girls stock beetle scraps if we try to leave at over 10mph

Comment

It really depends on the car for me. My next build is gonna be an RX-8, which I plan on slamming via JIC-Magic FLT-FAS coilovers. They provide a 2.5" drop to an already low car, plus I plan on running very aggressive camber specs and likely the wildest stretch any RX-8 has ever seen.....not to mention the Chargespeed Bottom Line cf lip kit all around.....so the combination of everything will quite literally sit the car on the ground. But in some cases, like a daily driver (which the RX-8 will NOT be by any means) or a VIP style car when you may wanna actually retain some comfort and practicality.....then bags would be the way to go.
                    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by doug118 View Post
                      providence place? or another garage? that mall has the very worst entrances and exits for lowered cars. even my girls stock beetle scraps if we try to leave at over 10mph
                      yea, i hit my bumper everywhere, i dont care about that, but the metal rails scraped down my whole damn frame
                      gengstout.com
                      DSDAF10

Comment

yeah I'm from Providence and these roads blow

Comment

Originally posted by blue bags View Post
                          Bro this is seriously amazing. Well done.

I think bags are sorta cheating, that's why guys who run coils get more respect. It takes more work to figure out a stance by working offsets, tire sizes, and coilover heights than it does by laying frame with bags.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                          ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

Originally posted by EThirtySicks View Post
                            Bro this is seriously amazing. Well done.

I think bags are sorta cheating, that's why guys who run coils get more respect. It takes more work to figure out a stance by working offsets, tire sizes, and coilover heights than it does by laying frame with bags.
                            how does it differ with bags? please do tell. Its the same game to get good stance with bags. I **** people who just get bags to go low low low and lay frame with no stance. it looks like shit.

Comment

Its different with bags because they dont drive at their stationary height like guys on coils do.

Comment

i totally agree, there are plenty of people with bags that have terrible offsets and tire sizes and still have crap hover-craft stance. and it depends on the operator of the bags, i can drive lower than i ever could on modified maxed out coils, and park lower, but it really depends on the car, on mk5 gtis its much easier to get lower on coils because the body is lower in relation to the frame/pan
                                gengstout.com
                                DSDAF10

Comment

Working...
                                X