Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Han View Post
    *cough rusted hoods on a 1 year old car and a roof rack cough*
    whats wrong with a rusted hood on a mk6 jetta and a roof rack?
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      If you are doing this all to "stand out" and its "competitive" then you are doing this for all the wrong reasons. All the "quality" builds that are out there, are from the guys who won't stop building cars like this, the people who aren't just on the bandwagon. Those builds aren't going anywhere. That's a fact.

Competition may breed excellence, but I can't say I know 1 person who really builds their car, solely so that they can out do someone else (talking about stance here not about racing). They do it because its what they love, the love challenging themselves. Not because it will make them well known or e-famous.
      If there is no competition, then why do all the blogs and sites (including this one) give the most credit to the lowest, the flushest, the craziest platforms, the unthinkable builds? They are giving incentive for the builders (us) to go lower, sit flusher, think the unthinkable, and this incentive leads to some great cars. Without it, the scene wouldn't be at the same standard.

Comment

Originally posted by KJK View Post
        If there is no competition, then why do all the blogs and sites (including this one) give the most credit to the lowest, the flushest, the craziest platforms, the unthinkable builds? They are giving incentive for the builders (us) to go lower, sit flusher, think the unthinkable, and this incentive leads to some great cars. Without it, the scene wouldn't be at the same standard.
        It also makes people go to too far imo.
        flickrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by eskimopunk View Post
          When the people that just wanna be e-famous start dwindling away then it leaves a majority of people that are passionate about it.
          What's wrong with the people that want to be e-famous? I don't have that desire, but I don't see how they hurt anybody. They contribute to the scene, and I love to see their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by eskimopunk View Post
            It also makes people go to too far imo.
            Definitely, but even before there was incentive people still went too far.

Comment

Originally posted by KJK View Post
              There really is no competition when it comes to getting featured any more and it's due to the numerous stance blogs and lowered expectations that come with them. These days, all you need to do is take a car, slap on some nice wheels, and spin the coilovers down before one of the blogs is bound to abide by your request for a feature. Gone are the days when features were reserved for cars with serious bodywork, custom leather interiors, awesome stance, and boat loads of work put into them.

This is the main reason you'll find that StanceWorks doesn't follow the common trend of featuring the same old low cars on wheels. We'd much rather focus on the important aspects of the stance lifestyle and that's our passion for low cars and the friendships/relationships that arise.

If the movement fading away means that we lose the kids who are building their cars to "stand out" and be "competitive" for the sake of being in a feature on some random blog by simply throwing on some gaudy neon colored wheels and rusting one of their body panels then I'll be happy. Those of us who are truly passionate about stance will continue doing what makes us happy, and the rest of the kids who are trying to get on the blogs move on to whatever is deemed trendy next. We'll still be here slamming cars and scraping on pavement.

The stanceworks motto rings true. Low is a lifestyle. Many of us will continue living it whether it's trendy or not....it's just what we love to do.
              Last edited by Rally; 03-19-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Wow he didn't even elaborate on it, so why are you freaking out? He literally said half of a sentence.
                2003 Acura TL Type-S

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                  There really is no competition when it comes to getting featured any more and it's due to the numerous stance blogs and lowered expectations that come with them. These days, all you need to do is take a car, slap on some nice wheels, and spin the coilovers down before one of the blogs is bound to abide by your request for a feature. Gone are the days when features were reserved for cars with serious bodywork, custom leather interiors, awesome stance, and boat loads of work put into them.

This is the main reason you'll find that StanceWorks doesn't follow the common trend of featuring the same old low cars on wheels. We'd much rather focus on the important aspects of the stance lifestyle and that's our passion for low cars and the friendships/relationships that arise.

If the movement fading away means that we lose the kids who are building their cars to "stand out" and be "competitive" for the sake of being in a feature on some random blog by simply throwing on some gaudy neon colored wheels and rusting one of their body panels then I'll be happy. Those of us who are truly passionate about stance will continue doing what makes us happy, and the rest of the kids who are trying to get on the blogs move on to whatever is deemed trendy next. We'll still be here slamming cars and scraping on pavement.

The stanceworks motto rings true. Low is a lifestyle. Many of us will continue living it whether it's trendy or not....it's just what we love to do.
                  People do this because it makes them happy. For some it's standing out, being competitive, or getting a feature that makes them happy. For others it's the simplicity of enjoying the look of their own car, or the unique personality that their car has.

When I read that the stance movement was fading, I didn't agree with the statement, and I just thought that others may share my opinion.

Comment

there is nothing completely new to do with cars, just variations within each "scene"

the whole "stance" movement is not original in and of itself. lowriders came first, and it has since evolved into vw's, bmw's, and pretty much anything else that can be lowered. The bandwagon exists in every scene, and once "stanced" cars moves out of the spotlight, the wagon will follow. The thing about the bandwagon is that once it moves on, it also leaves behind a few people who find out that they do truly care about the culture/scene/movement/whatever. This is how the different car cultures can grow and expand. In that regard, the bandwagon is a way for our scene to grow and develop, though it is annoying when everyone and their mother is cutting coils on their cars just because it is the 'in' thing to do

Comment

No more bandwagon? YES!
                      SLAMMED GARAGE
                      slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

i love you
                        cars and stuff

Comment

Quality man. Quality.

1987 BMW e28 535i
                          "Respect your elders"

Comment

I cant believe the OP is so god damn butthurt over a couple of words on a blog...

Even more amazing is the fact he is still going on about it
                            Originally posted by anth
                            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

This.
                              Although I admit that I shoot and write for one of the elevenbillion stance blogs, I try to keep it to stuff that is actual quality and worth writing about. I would enjoy it, if the number of stance related blogs were to go down a bit while the standards are raised at the same time, so being featured actually means you've accomplished something again and so people will enjoy looking at said features because it's not the same crap over and over.

Which is great and why I really enjoy reading the Stanceworks blog.

Amen! Especially the last paragraph.
                              Last edited by Dr.AK; 03-20-2011, 08:30 AM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I am more than happy to see the bandwagon ending.

>implying you were born into the "stance movement"

Comment

Working...
                                X