"stance movement is now fading away" - Linhbergh Nguyen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "stance movement is now fading away" - Linhbergh Nguyen

I read something very disturbing in a speedhunters write up just a few minutes ago, and immediately decided to help spread some awareness about this false statement.

In the post Linhbergh Nguyen states "We recognize that the stance movement is now fading away"

Ok, who is we? What leads you to believe this (I believe just the opposite)? And for everyone reading this, how are we going to set the record straight?

A link to the Speedhunters post is below. The statement is made beneath the picture of the white FG Civic si.

Speedhunters is an international collective of photographers, writers & drivers with a shared passion for uncovering the world's most exciting car culture stories.

I wasn't aware that the "stance" movement had gone anywhere in the last 20 years due to Europe's laws on tires being outside the fenders?
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
    Originally posted by Jedidiah
    he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

How is this disturbing?

Who gives a flying faaaawwwwkkkk
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

No more bandwagon? YES!
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

So, sorry that there aren't 23109802348028423042 more blogs about this shit, but they need to know how this whole "stance" thing we refer to came from. Idiots. It's been around for 15-20 years, goddamnit.
          if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

Who cares what Linhberg thinks?

Of course the bandwagon is nearing the end of its shelf life. It's gone from foreign, to underground, to baller, to overdone, to being supported by the entry-level aftermarket. That's usually when things are about to die off.

Just waiting for the next trend.

Comment

Originally posted by KJK View Post
              I read something very disturbing in a speedhunters write up just a few minutes ago, and immediately decided to help spread some awareness about this false statement.

Ok, who is we? What leads you to believe this (I believe just the opposite)? And for everyone reading this, how are we going to set the record straight?

If you read these 2 lines repeatedly, You almost laugh as hard as Kielan shitting himself and vomiting in his trashcan hahahahahaahahhahhahahahhahahahahahahaaa

Comment

Originally posted by Han View Post
                So, sorry that there aren't 23109802348028423042 more blogs about this shit, but they need to know how this whole "stance" thing we refer to came from. Idiots. It's been around for 15-20 years, goddamnit.
                There's a difference between "stance" and "stance movement".

While "stance" has been around for ages ( even old hot rodders paid attention to it back when building custom buckets), it solely existed as an element that went into building a car. It wasn't until recently that a "movement" formed around our fascination with the stance of a car. Blogs, discussions, clubs, and shows started popping up with stance as the main focus and it became a "movement" or style of its own. It's not out of line to say that the stance movement is only 2-3 years old even though stance itself has been around for longer than most of us have been alive.

The movement itself is bound to fade away, but that doesn't mean stance and wheel fitment will fade from our interests as enthusiasts. It just means that it won't be a mainstream trend and will return to being a key element in the way we modify our cars. I for one don't see this as being an issue. I will continue running a slammed car and living the low lifestyle.

Comment

I wasn't aware that the "stance" movement had gone anywhere in the last 20 years due to Europe's laws on tires being outside the fenders?
                  There are other places for the stance movement to grow besides Europe. What about Asia, the America's, Australia, etc. The UK is generally accepted as a part of Europe (which you imply cannot develop a stance scene due to laws), yet there was just a very successful meet in Milton Keynes:

The Austrians have also put out some amazing stuff, and they are a part of Europe as well. Look around, I think you'll be pretty surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                    There's a difference between "stance" and "stance movement".

While "stance" has been around for ages ( even old hot rodders paid attention to it back when building custom buckets), it solely existed as an element that went into building a car. It wasn't until recently that a "movement" formed around our fascination with the stance of a car. Blogs, discussions, clubs, and shows started popping up with stance as the main focus and it became a "movement" or style of its own. It's not out of line to say that the stance movement is only 2-3 years old even though stance itself has been around for longer than most of us have been alive.

The movement itself is bound to fade away, but that doesn't mean stance and wheel fitment will fade from our interests as enthusiasts. It just means that it won't be a mainstream trend and will return to being a key element in the way we modify our cars. I for one don't see this as being an issue. I will continue running a slammed car and living the low lifestyle.
                    Okay, I have to agree with you there. Stance and stance movement is not the same, but the way the article was written meant as "stance" in general.

Comment

There are other places for the stance movement to grow besides Europe. What about Asia, the America's, Australia, etc. The UK is generally accepted as a part of Europe (which you imply cannot develop a stance scene due to laws), yet there was just a very successful meet in Milton Keynes:

The Austrians have also put out some amazing stuff, and they are a part of Europe as well. Look around, I think you'll be pretty surprised.
                      That wasn't what I was talking about.

Comment

Who actually cares though. So what if the movement is dying out... Its not stopping you from driving a car with excellent fitment thats really low...

I am more than happy to see the bandwagon ending.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I just feel that Linhbergh's statement was false. Everywhere I look the "stance movement" seems to be gaining momentum. Nothing against Linhbergh at all, I love reading and viewing his work, but I thought this might get some people fired up. Apparently not. Either way, I'm glad I could spread the word a bit and at the very least hear some opinions on the matter. It's interesting to see how different people look at this statement.

Comment

That wasn't what I was talking about.
                            Could you maybe explain what you were talking about, because I'm a bit lost. Maybe I miss-interpreted your original post.

Comment

I just feel that Linhbergh's statement was false. Everywhere I look the "stance movement" seems to be gaining momentum. Nothing against Linhbergh at all, I love reading and viewing his work, but I thought this might get some people fired up. Apparently not. Either way, I'm glad I could spread the word a bit and at the very least hear some opinions on the matter. It's interesting to see how different people look at this statement.
                              Dude, the 'movement' was picking up momentum in '09..... its 2011....

What word are you spreading exactly? You took something way out of context, and are trying to preach.

Stance isnt a religion.

Comment

Working...
                              X