STANCE | WORKS : Melbourne - POSTPONED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly...

Is it wrong of me to want to have an area sectioned off for the hardest of stanced cars though?
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

IMO i reckon its best to do some scouting like you did on the first one ox. Rather than putting up on a forum for every tom dick and hazza to see.

Im sure everyone here knows atleast 3+ cars that you would be satisfied with. So roughly what? 20 regulars you chat to here ox? times that by 3? you easily got 60 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        Possibly...

Is it wrong of me to want to have an area sectioned off for the hardest of stanced cars though?
        yes.

we are a community are we not? splitting into sections is like saying "we're better than you, suck our fat ones". the hard hitters are gonna stand out regardless.

do you want everyone to mingle, and get to know each other, or for us to split into groups and shit on each others cars?

if you've got one of the best sitting next to a newcomer/someone who is still working things out, chances are theyre both gonna talk, and give/get hints/advice/etc.

id rather that over having a separate area to show off the big boys.

Comment

i recon invites could work but there is always going to be cars you forgot about when inviting
          Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Originally posted by private_numero View Post
            IMO i reckon its best to do some scouting like you did on the first one ox. Rather than putting up on a forum for every tom dick and hazza to see.

Im sure everyone here knows atleast 3+ cars that you would be satisfied with. So roughly what? 20 regulars you chat to here ox? times that by 3? you easily got 60 cars.
            I wouldnt say 20... lol

If I extend the invites out, the location wont go public...

Originally posted by hakhawk View Post
            yes.

we are a community are we not? splitting into sections is like saying "we're better than you, suck our fat ones". the hard hitters are gonna stand out regardless.

do you want everyone to mingle, and get to know each other, or for us to split into groups and shit on each others cars?

if you've got one of the best sitting next to a newcomer/someone who is still working things out, chances are theyre both gonna talk, and give/get hints/advice/etc.

id rather that over having a separate area to show off the big boys.
            I just meant Stanceworks section, then all the other tag alongs from other forums. But I completely understand where you're coming from. Idea scratched.

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
            i recon invites could work but there is always going to be cars you forgot about when inviting
            For sure..

Comment

just park everyone in the same spot though,it'll be nice to see all sorts of different cars (since there will be many brands, body shapes, styles etc) all parked in amoungst each other.

I mean the common factor with out cars is stance, not the badge on bonnet.

hope this place will be speed bump friendly

Comment

yerh, kinda want to avoid ozhomo, but there are some nice stanced cars there, aus-vip maybe, jdmst, vw clubs please, im starting to like the vdubs =P
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by namtaro View Post
                  yerh, kinda want to avoid ozhomo, but there are some nice stanced cars there, aus-vip maybe, jdmst, vw clubs please, im starting to like the vdubs =P
                  Ill be down in my Golf Mk6. At the moment im only low, still deciding on wheels

Comment

vdubs in the house!

Comment

wont be stanced in time as broke as hell

but can come down for some mirin?
                      Originally posted by Smeeeb
                      Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

jdmst

-_-

Comment

i think if you can involve vyet from ozhonda he can probably help gather up a few cars like the megameet some of us attended in clayton end of last year. Most of the cars there were really nice, and the ppl were very sensible too, no dickheads at all. definitely keep it to invites only though

Comment

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
                            i think if you can involve vyet from ozhonda he can probably help gather up a few cars like the megameet some of us attended in clayton end of last year. Most of the cars there were really nice, and the ppl were very sensible too, no dickheads at all. definitely keep it to invites only though
                            That FYS (Front yard special) was a huge meet and I do agree some very cool stanced cars.

I do agree thought that we dont want wankers and no-hopes rocking up. There is some pretty stanced out MX5's, s13 and corolla's rolling around Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by neni View Post
                              wont be stanced in time as broke as hell

but can come down for some mirin?
                              Yup..

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
                              Ive asked Vyet on many occasions to get together to organise something, but he's always too busy.... So Ill just organise it the way I did last time and hopefully its a bit bigger then last time.

Comment

+1 on this, saw some very nice cars on the rolling shots meet a few months back, possibly take the PM option for dudes on ozhomo

Comment

Working...
                                X