No announcement yet.

1972 bay window bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I could work on mah cars like you can't wait to see the wheels and the bus lowered tho
    Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• rad build thread!
      you should seriously take into consideration that you will probably have to narrow the beam to be able to still turn when its slammed....

Comment

• Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
        I wish I could work on mah cars like you can't wait to see the wheels and the bus lowered tho
        not sure if srs lol

And foster, thanks bro! the kit i bought says i don't need to but since i got wheels i will narrow it 3-4 inches and I'm getting drop spindles in the future, so well see
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
        Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

• What a great work...
          Subcribe !!!

Comment

• Just went throught the whole thread and love it so far. It has taken another direction as i thought at first

Oh, and Heist is absolutely right - you should fill holes with metal. Just point weld or use tin cause the filler will defenitly settle. Even if it doesnt crack youll have an uneven surface on the final paint...
            Also use real 2k VOC primer. That stuff fills imperfections in the material much better than the spray can stuff, trust me ive gone through this too and didnt have that much bodywork.

Keep it up man!
            slamburglars.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Down View Post
              You need to chop the front axle into pieces and narrow it in order to be able to really slam it and still be able to steer without the tires eating your fenders. That's what I meant.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156211 <-- good read on lowering a Bay Window Bus.
              you mean doors and floor

nice build man.. cant wait to see more progress

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• thanks guys!
                Well its been a while since i updated my thread, but i have been doing work, To start, I got some CLK LTW's For 160 rattle canned black,
                Well i got this because i figured The airplane stripper Would take off the finish and make the aluminum Corrode,

they looked like this before i started,

Bubble Awayyyyy

peels off really easy,

Got majority off 2 of them

On thee ole hotrod

Its on jacks to try to lower, i now i said it should have been lowered earlier, But w/e Its in the process now, the passenger side brakes are off to yank torsion leaves, ****** gonna ****.

Well screwed with radio some.

The old one, lol

Nice old crusty wiring.

got bored, and wanted to see what the smoked likes would look good,

tis all for now, i have a small surprise, you'll see later,
                the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.

Comment

• those poor merc wheels

interesting choice of wheels

surprise?

lucky i'm already subbed to this
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• yeah the merc wheels were horrible lol, the paint job sucked ass too, Like there was like puddles of paint Im one spot then none in the other, But yeah the surprise will be updated hopefully next week.

Comment

• Well worrked on the bus today, Did some small stuff to the wheels and sanded stuff, on the body, I just have pics of the wheels because nothing else is really noticable. but ya know
                      Started out like this today, Mostly clen but had some kind of residue from the spray paint on it

Sprayed airplane cleaner on the wheel and let it sit.

Look at that shine

Comment

• do the barrels to then it will be mint !

Comment

• Yeah, ill do the barrels as well, but i think im going to go the mirrored finish route with these because, you cant really see it in the pics but they have discoloration and some small curb rash. or i may just sell them idk yet.

Comment

• well got some stuff,
                            Brake cylinders for the back,

clear distributor cap.

flexible brake lines for all 4 wheels

shifter, Better than my old wobbly one i have now were i can't find 2nd hardly lol.

all my stuff together
                            Last edited by Madhatter; 12-27-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• I now have paint, so i just have to finish lowering the car and drive it to the shop, Since i want it to be nice a professional painter is doing it but letting me help. along with remaining small bodywork so stay tuned.

Comment

• Beware of cracking with clear distributor cap, unless they are using better materials these days. it will then misfire and run like Isht.
                                My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Working...
                                X