Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AccuAir Height Sensors Installed

Default AccuAir Height Sensors Installed

Let's make this a thread for pics, info, questions, and help on installing ride height sensors for your e-Level controller. Feel free to jump in and post pics of your sensors installed to help anyone else looking for tips and tricks! Here's a few customer installs to start:

B6 Wagon Front Sensor:

B6 Wagon Front (plate welded for sensor mount):

B6 Wagon Front Passenger:

B6 Wagon Front (lower bracket):
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

And here's the finished result (AccuAir + BagYard)!

Last edited by AccuMike; 03-10-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

This was for a MKV:

MKV Rears:

MKV Fronts:

Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

Hey Mike, Havent happened to do an Acura TSX by any chance? Shortly Ill be hitting you up for a kit for one, but the rear ends have a crazy 5 link rear set up, and although I havent had a great look, I thought I'd ask haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    Hey Mike, Havent happened to do an Acura TSX by any chance? Shortly Ill be hitting you up for a kit for one, but the rear ends have a crazy 5 link rear set up, and although I havent had a great look, I thought I'd ask haha.
    Jay is on here, running e-Level with his TL, maybe he can chime in:

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...=764733&page=8
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

Since you have a truck and chassis fab background, you'll be able to handle it no prob lol
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

Quote Originally Posted by AccuMike View Post
    Since you have a truck and chassis fab background, you'll be able to handle it no prob lol
    I have no doubt either, I just remember pulling the rear wheel off and seeing 5 bars holding the hub in place and thought of a jungle gym haha... Four links are so much easier haha.

Here's a few more with custom brackets that people have built:

Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

I have no doubt either, I just remember pulling the rear wheel off and seeing 5 bars holding the hub in place and thought of a jungle gym haha... Four links are so much easier haha.
    HAHA yeah, I kind of miss trucks for that reason lol
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

Here's a MKIV:

Rear:

Front:

Sorry about the pic quality on some of these! These are just customer installed pics to help shed some light on sensor mounting locations
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

i am curious as to how these work. the lower arm is constantly moving, so when does it know when to appropriately send the signal to balance the car? i will be purchasing from you guys soon for my upcoming project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kielan View Post
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

The e-Level controller takes ride height data 200 times per second and simplifies all of the data down to one representation of vehicle height (for all 4 corners) over 45 seconds while driving and over 5 seconds while parked. The controller will then make a correction if the ride height is outside of tolerance.

In more simplified terms, the e-Level system will keep your car balanced and within height and alignment specifications, but it will not try to correct for every bump in the road, every hard turn, or every hard stop. Adjusting suspension height on the fly for real-time dynamic situations is classified as a "fully-active" suspension system (these are usually hydraulic like the Mercedes CLS). The AccuAir e-Level system is classified as a "semi-active" suspension system because it does adjust based on scenario and circumstance, but not on a real-time basis. This allows for the height adjustments based on load changes (additional passengers, fuel, etc) but combats any irregular changes in normal driving situations.
    Last edited by AccuMike; 03-10-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

Here's a Golf GTI:

Front:

Rear:

Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

thanks for the info mike! im an electrical engineer, so its alright with me to get as technical as you can. its pretty close to as what i figured. good stuff. i'm waiting on some feeback to a custom setup i need done, then the next step is an e-level system. i hope to post my setup here by the end of the year

The e-Level controller takes ride height data 200 times per second and simplifies all of the data down to one representation of vehicle height (for all 4 corners) over 45 seconds while driving and over 5 seconds while parked. The controller will then make a correction if the ride height is outside of tolerance.

In more simplified terms, the e-Level system will keep your car balanced and within height and alignment specifications, but it will not try to correct for every bump in the road, every hard turn, or every hard stop. Adjusting suspension height on the fly for real-time dynamic situations is classified as a "fully-active" suspension system (these are usually hydraulic like the Mercedes CLS). The AccuAir e-Level system is classified as a "semi-active" suspension system because it does adjust based on scenario and circumstance, but not on a real-time basis. This allows for the height adjustments based on load changes (additional passengers, fuel, etc) but combats any irregular changes in normal driving situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kielan View Post
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Hey hey here is my Sensor install on my 2008 Acura TL-S which should be similair to a TSX, first two pictures are of the front and the last is the rear, i will get a better picture next time i get the wheel off. Both front and back sensors are attached to the sway bar, we added a tear drop metal plate used a lock washer to ensure it doesn't get loose from moving up and down.

FRONT

REAR (sorry was hard to get a shot showing it connected to the sway bar)

Quote Originally Posted by vipTL View Post
    Hey hey here is my Sensor install on my 2008 Acura TL-S which should be similair to a TSX, first two pictures are of the front and the last is the rear, i will get a better picture next time i get the wheel off. Both front and back sensors are attached to the sway bar, we added a tear drop metal plate used a lock washer to ensure it doesn't get loose from moving up and down.

Thats awesome, Thanks heaps dude, Makes my life a lot easier haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCamber View Post
    thanks for the info mike! im an electrical engineer, so its alright with me to get as technical as you can. its pretty close to as what i figured. good stuff. i'm waiting on some feeback to a custom setup i need done, then the next step is an e-level system. i hope to post my setup here by the end of the year
    Nice! Very cool, looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Keep us posted!
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

this guy, full doing reasearch for me and everything <3 u

I can't wait to contribute something to this thread

deff be stopping back in here if i end up getting a wagon and bagging it...just looks like so much work...main reason of not adding e-level to my cabrio and just running switchspeed
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

VW Golf MK4

What i got so far, i'll post the rear pic this week if i'm not lazy

Taken from my build thread here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-Rocker-Switch

Here how the sensor is fully extended and fully compressed on Raceland coilover, Hopefully the Airlift XL doesn't extend more or I'll have to cut a longer aluminum bar

I had to mount the sensor arm backward to increase the tire/sensor gap when the wheel was fully turned left.

and here is the other side

Quote Originally Posted by kilimats View Post
    :::::ITSHIM:::::
    qq
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

and here is the rear

EDIT: the sensor travel was too small so i had to relocate the ball further in the rear

Last edited by kilimats; 04-05-2011 at 06:43 PM.

pics aren't showing up for me?
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

pics aren't showing up for me?
    Your work place most likely filter images from DROPBOX.com

That's where I host them