Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by rgarjr; 08-22-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

^ What car is that for?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

rali@bag riders - on those b5 s4 pics... no problems with the sensors at those positions??

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
          ^ What car is that for?
          for my 98 Lexus GS300

Last edited by rgarjr; 02-09-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDIOS View Post
            rali@bag riders - on those b5 s4 pics... no problems with the sensors at those positions??
            Nope, none at all

Comment

brendan's install is by far one of the cleanest you'll ever see.

he's never broken a sensor, ever. then again, it took him about three months to finish the damn thing
              How do sensors break? Is it because they travel too far up or down or get soaked with water?
              Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Originally posted by A4crn View Post
                How do sensors break? Is it because they travel too far up or down or get soaked with water?
                Sensors break or 'die' if they are able to overextend past their original travel range. If you take your time when installing them to make sure that they will never over extend no matter what the suspension is doing, you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                  Sensors break or 'die' if they are able to overextend past their original travel range. If you take your time when installing them to make sure that they will never over extend no matter what the suspension is doing, you will be fine.
                  Thanks, I guess it means having bumpstops within the range of travel especially when airred out at the lowest setting.
                  Last edited by A4crn; 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM.
                  Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Originally posted by A4crn View Post
                    Thanks, I guess it means having bumpstops within the range of travel especially when airred out at the lowest setting.
                    You can actually determine your travel range depending on where you install the sensors by cutting down the sensor linkage. The linkage is actually just a threaded rod with a little bit of air line over it.

Comment

do sensors ever "not read correctly"?

The shop I had been dealing with is claiming that the one that they just put in today isn't reading correctly.

I just want to know if this could be true, or if the guys at this shop are idiots and/or are lying to me...

Two weeks ago they had me leave my car all day because they didn't realize they didn't have one... I'm beyond frustrated with this shop.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                        do sensors ever "not read correctly"?

The shop I had been dealing with is claiming that the one that they just put in today isn't reading correctly.

I just want to know if this could be true, or if the guys at this shop are idiots and/or are lying to me...

Two weeks ago they had me leave my car all day because they didn't realize they didn't have one... I'm beyond frustrated with this shop.
                        I've never heard of the sensors not reading correctly out of the box.. What is going on with them exactly? Chances are, the shop installed them incorrectly and the sensor over extended and broke itself. Does it just light up red on the controller and they can't get it to set presets?

Comment

Yeah, the controller lights up red on that corner, and it won't do anything with the presets. I did the auto calibration and the presets would flash three times over and over.

Thanks, for getting back to me. While I'm not happy with the shop, it is nice to know that they're not making any money off of me because they can't install the sensors correctly.

Comment

Yeah it really seems like the shop screwed up when they were installing the sensors. Ask to see the sensor. If it looks like the one below, they definitely broke it. If it looks perfect and isn't cracked/ damaged at all then it could quite possibly be a faulty sensor that should be covered by AccuAir.

Comment

The shop supposedly called airlift, I have a feeling if it was the shop's fault they wouldn't tell me. They're going to let me know when a new sensor comes in again. They usually get money upfront to order any parts, so since I haven't paid since the initial order and install, it seems like they will eat the cost if they need to.

I really appreciate the help, It's an unsavory feeling when I know more than the people i'm paying to be professionals, but I know now that next time I'll get a kit, make some friends, and get support from here...

Comment

xB?

Do you know of any first gen (2004-2006.5) Scion xB's running the E-level system?

I just picked up the E-level system and would like to know where the best place to mount the sensors would be on my xB.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X