This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AccuAir Height Sensors Installed

Let's make this a thread for pics, info, questions, and help on installing ride height sensors for your e-Level controller. Feel free to jump in and post pics of your sensors installed to help anyone else looking for tips and tricks! Here's a few customer installs to start:

B6 Wagon Front Sensor:

B6 Wagon Front (plate welded for sensor mount):

B6 Wagon Front Passenger:

B6 Wagon Front (lower bracket):
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

And here's the finished result (AccuAir + BagYard)!

Last edited by AccuMike; 03-10-2011, 01:22 PM.
    Mike Alexander
    Director of Marketing
    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
    (877) 247-3696

Comment

This was for a MKV:

MKV Rears:

MKV Fronts:

Mike Alexander
      Director of Marketing
      Mike@AccuAirCS.com
      (877) 247-3696

Comment

Hey Mike, Havent happened to do an Acura TSX by any chance? Shortly Ill be hitting you up for a kit for one, but the rear ends have a crazy 5 link rear set up, and although I havent had a great look, I thought I'd ask haha.
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          Hey Mike, Havent happened to do an Acura TSX by any chance? Shortly Ill be hitting you up for a kit for one, but the rear ends have a crazy 5 link rear set up, and although I havent had a great look, I thought I'd ask haha.
          Jay is on here, running e-Level with his TL, maybe he can chime in:

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...=764733&page=8
          Mike Alexander
          Director of Marketing
          Mike@AccuAirCS.com
          (877) 247-3696

Comment

Since you have a truck and chassis fab background, you'll be able to handle it no prob lol
            Mike Alexander
            Director of Marketing
            Mike@AccuAirCS.com
            (877) 247-3696

Comment

Originally posted by AccuMike View Post
              Since you have a truck and chassis fab background, you'll be able to handle it no prob lol
              I have no doubt either, I just remember pulling the rear wheel off and seeing 5 bars holding the hub in place and thought of a jungle gym haha... Four links are so much easier haha.
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Here's a few more with custom brackets that people have built:

Mike Alexander
                Director of Marketing
                Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                (877) 247-3696

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                  I have no doubt either, I just remember pulling the rear wheel off and seeing 5 bars holding the hub in place and thought of a jungle gym haha... Four links are so much easier haha.
                  HAHA yeah, I kind of miss trucks for that reason lol
                  Mike Alexander
                  Director of Marketing
                  Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                  (877) 247-3696

Comment

Here's a MKIV:

Rear:

Front:

Sorry about the pic quality on some of these! These are just customer installed pics to help shed some light on sensor mounting locations
                    Mike Alexander
                    Director of Marketing
                    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                    (877) 247-3696

Comment

i am curious as to how these work. the lower arm is constantly moving, so when does it know when to appropriately send the signal to balance the car? i will be purchasing from you guys soon for my upcoming project.
                      Originally posted by Kielan
                      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

The e-Level controller takes ride height data 200 times per second and simplifies all of the data down to one representation of vehicle height (for all 4 corners) over 45 seconds while driving and over 5 seconds while parked. The controller will then make a correction if the ride height is outside of tolerance.

In more simplified terms, the e-Level system will keep your car balanced and within height and alignment specifications, but it will not try to correct for every bump in the road, every hard turn, or every hard stop. Adjusting suspension height on the fly for real-time dynamic situations is classified as a "fully-active" suspension system (these are usually hydraulic like the Mercedes CLS). The AccuAir e-Level system is classified as a "semi-active" suspension system because it does adjust based on scenario and circumstance, but not on a real-time basis. This allows for the height adjustments based on load changes (additional passengers, fuel, etc) but combats any irregular changes in normal driving situations.
                        Last edited by AccuMike; 03-10-2011, 05:38 PM.
                        Mike Alexander
                        Director of Marketing
                        Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                        (877) 247-3696

Comment

Here's a Golf GTI:

Front:

Rear:

Mike Alexander
                          Director of Marketing
                          Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                          (877) 247-3696

Comment

thanks for the info mike! im an electrical engineer, so its alright with me to get as technical as you can. its pretty close to as what i figured. good stuff. i'm waiting on some feeback to a custom setup i need done, then the next step is an e-level system. i hope to post my setup here by the end of the year

Originally posted by AccuMike View Post
                            The e-Level controller takes ride height data 200 times per second and simplifies all of the data down to one representation of vehicle height (for all 4 corners) over 45 seconds while driving and over 5 seconds while parked. The controller will then make a correction if the ride height is outside of tolerance.

In more simplified terms, the e-Level system will keep your car balanced and within height and alignment specifications, but it will not try to correct for every bump in the road, every hard turn, or every hard stop. Adjusting suspension height on the fly for real-time dynamic situations is classified as a "fully-active" suspension system (these are usually hydraulic like the Mercedes CLS). The AccuAir e-Level system is classified as a "semi-active" suspension system because it does adjust based on scenario and circumstance, but not on a real-time basis. This allows for the height adjustments based on load changes (additional passengers, fuel, etc) but combats any irregular changes in normal driving situations.
                            Originally posted by Kielan
                            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Hey hey here is my Sensor install on my 2008 Acura TL-S which should be similair to a TSX, first two pictures are of the front and the last is the rear, i will get a better picture next time i get the wheel off. Both front and back sensors are attached to the sway bar, we added a tear drop metal plate used a lock washer to ensure it doesn't get loose from moving up and down.

FRONT

REAR (sorry was hard to get a shot showing it connected to the sway bar)
                              Instagram: _jay_borcena_

Comment

Working...
                              X