Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AccuAir Height Sensors Installed

brendan's install is by far one of the cleanest you'll ever see.

he's never broken a sensor, ever. then again, it took him about three months to finish the damn thing
    How do sensors break? Is it because they travel too far up or down or get soaked with water?

Quote Originally Posted by A4crn View Post
    How do sensors break? Is it because they travel too far up or down or get soaked with water?
    Sensors break or 'die' if they are able to overextend past their original travel range. If you take your time when installing them to make sure that they will never over extend no matter what the suspension is doing, you will be fine.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Quote Originally Posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
    Sensors break or 'die' if they are able to overextend past their original travel range. If you take your time when installing them to make sure that they will never over extend no matter what the suspension is doing, you will be fine.
    Thanks, I guess it means having bumpstops within the range of travel especially when airred out at the lowest setting.
    Last edited by A4crn; 11-01-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A4crn View Post
    Thanks, I guess it means having bumpstops within the range of travel especially when airred out at the lowest setting.
    You can actually determine your travel range depending on where you install the sensors by cutting down the sensor linkage. The linkage is actually just a threaded rod with a little bit of air line over it.

do sensors ever "not read correctly"?

The shop I had been dealing with is claiming that the one that they just put in today isn't reading correctly.

I just want to know if this could be true, or if the guys at this shop are idiots and/or are lying to me...

Two weeks ago they had me leave my car all day because they didn't realize they didn't have one... I'm beyond frustrated with this shop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJereMoose View Post
    do sensors ever "not read correctly"?

The shop I had been dealing with is claiming that the one that they just put in today isn't reading correctly.

I just want to know if this could be true, or if the guys at this shop are idiots and/or are lying to me...

Two weeks ago they had me leave my car all day because they didn't realize they didn't have one... I'm beyond frustrated with this shop.
    I've never heard of the sensors not reading correctly out of the box.. What is going on with them exactly? Chances are, the shop installed them incorrectly and the sensor over extended and broke itself. Does it just light up red on the controller and they can't get it to set presets?

Yeah, the controller lights up red on that corner, and it won't do anything with the presets. I did the auto calibration and the presets would flash three times over and over.

Thanks, for getting back to me. While I'm not happy with the shop, it is nice to know that they're not making any money off of me because they can't install the sensors correctly.

Yeah it really seems like the shop screwed up when they were installing the sensors. Ask to see the sensor. If it looks like the one below, they definitely broke it. If it looks perfect and isn't cracked/ damaged at all then it could quite possibly be a faulty sensor that should be covered by AccuAir.

The shop supposedly called airlift, I have a feeling if it was the shop's fault they wouldn't tell me. They're going to let me know when a new sensor comes in again. They usually get money upfront to order any parts, so since I haven't paid since the initial order and install, it seems like they will eat the cost if they need to.

I really appreciate the help, It's an unsavory feeling when I know more than the people i'm paying to be professionals, but I know now that next time I'll get a kit, make some friends, and get support from here...

Default xB?

Do you know of any first gen (2004-2006.5) Scion xB's running the E-level system?

I just picked up the E-level system and would like to know where the best place to mount the sensors would be on my xB.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nik View Post
    Do you know of any first gen (2004-2006.5) Scion xB's running the E-level system?

I just picked up the E-level system and would like to know where the best place to mount the sensors would be on my xB.

Thanks!
    Hi there, everybody I'm new here but I'll post up some pics of some cars I've done.
    Been doing air ride since the early 90's when I swore off hydraulics ( which I'm back into now as well lol).

To answer your question I'd reccomend finding a suitable position that allows you to keep the longest possible legnth on the threaded rod. Consentrate more on when it's completely laid out that the sensor doesn't top out an crack...leave a bit of room at the top end of the sensors stroke, that gives room for error. I've honestly just barely cracked a couple of the sensors by mistake, but they always have worked after. I use those for mockup and use the customers afterwards. That's why I now leave the rod as long as possible.

By leaving the rod long you potentially maximize lift. In some instances I've seen the rod cut down so much the tires would just untuck and the ride height maximum was basically cut in half.

The system is very well made and seeing as it calibrates it's maximum height during calibration, overextension of the sensors is impossible.

It's a bit of a pain when you do it for the first time, but it's not that difficult. Just keep your eyes peeled and be open to different potential mounting locations.

However in some instances the sensors should be removed before placing the car on a lift. Some suspension setups may surpass the 2.75" range of the sensors, so for the 1 min it'll take to unbolt the lower attachment...it's well worth doing to be safe.

Here's a 58 impala I recently did.

Front setup

Rear

Locked up

Down flat.

This car will be on wires soon.

Trunk...ya I polished the tank.

Hope that helps...love this site.
    Last edited by Matteblack; 01-03-2013 at 10:53 AM.

thanks for the info!

Default Height sensor install on Mazda 3

Hi all,
    Would anyone on here can share some photos on their e-level sensor installation on a Mazda 3, or Volvo C30? I am currently installing the sensors, but have difficulties finding good position for them.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Laurence

I just had my Elevel installed.
    However, my Air Lift Performance is current knocking as i think its topping out as the current ride PSI is too high.

When i lower the fronts (lessen PSI) the knocking stops, but i am running way too low at the fronts.
    I was told that Air Lift from factory comes with the lowest strut settings.

If i was to raise the front struts maybe 2-3cm higher on the strut, would i need to shorten my sensor rod or longer?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Matteblack View Post
    Hi there, everybody I'm new here but I'll post up some pics of some cars I've done.
    Been doing air ride since the early 90's when I swore off hydraulics ( which I'm back into now as well lol).

To answer your question I'd reccomend finding a suitable position that allows you to keep the longest possible legnth on the threaded rod. Consentrate more on when it's completely laid out that the sensor doesn't top out an crack...leave a bit of room at the top end of the sensors stroke, that gives room for error. I've honestly just barely cracked a couple of the sensors by mistake, but they always have worked after. I use those for mockup and use the customers afterwards. That's why I now leave the rod as long as possible.

By leaving the rod long you potentially maximize lift. In some instances I've seen the rod cut down so much the tires would just untuck and the ride height maximum was basically cut in half.

The system is very well made and seeing as it calibrates it's maximum height during calibration, overextension of the sensors is impossible.

It's a bit of a pain when you do it for the first time, but it's not that difficult. Just keep your eyes peeled and be open to different potential mounting locations.

However in some instances the sensors should be removed before placing the car on a lift. Some suspension setups may surpass the 2.75" range of the sensors, so for the 1 min it'll take to unbolt the lower attachment...it's well worth doing to be safe.

Here's a 58 impala I recently did.

Front setup

Rear

Locked up

Down flat.

This car will be on wires soon.

Trunk...ya I polished the tank.

Hope that helps...love this site.

Looks awesome I am about to install sensors for my 61 rag On the front is it mounted to the inner fender? I was considering that option due to the new shock location being in the way to mount to the frame. Any other x frame elevel pics? Post up here or even email me would be appreciated. Luckyfive@shaw.ca. Here is a pic of my trunk so far. I can't wait to get the elevel working!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow sorry that's a bad pic lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since you have a truck and chassis fab background, you'll be able to handle it no prob lol