X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay for updates.
    dvsmethodz.

Comment

Wheels are way to big. Really need 16s if you wanna pull off some low.

Love the work you are putting into this. Looking forward to more updates.

Comment

O mai.

This thing is fucking ILL.

I might have to go scoop the 2002 that has been sitting in my uncles field in GA for like 25 years...lol
        Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
        Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Thanks for the positive words! Yeah I'm going to put them up for sale and pick up some

16x7 in the front and 16x8 in the rear. More realistic and the rpf are so light should really help in the sense of power.

Comment

So I took 2 days away from this to give me a solid amount of time to think of a solution. I'm going to try to fit the 17's with some 35's and get it as low as possible. I did some measurements and it should be perfect with about 2-3" of ground clearance once its all dropped down. Exactly what I wanted not dumpt, but clean and fun daily. So the plan:

I took measurements of the fender flares and how much of the metal under them I can cut away. I did this because I can try building metal flares off the preexisting metal... if it sucks i'm just going to cut it away and mold in plastic/fiberglass flares. I can't find any real good information on forming my own fender flares so I came up with this

(the inside lines will be cut away for the fender flares so I have some room to play)

With any good theory it gets followed by ghetto card board cut outs so I feel better about my silly ideas

seems possible...kinda.

I want it to be like the e30 stock fenders. Just worried it will be a wavy park bench...

Comment

really like this.. got a 2002 too but haven't got the money to do work on it(yet).. rear coils from IE?
              Last edited by Dutchtouring; 06-07-2011, 03:28 AM.

Comment

The the rear coil overs are from ireland.

Comment

I have no clue what I'm doing.... but.....

Comment

Coming along nice. I don't like the wheel style or sizing, but I can see that the work you're putting into it is nice quality. Keep going, the fenders are coming out great!

And just wondering, are you trying PB Blaster on all those stuck bolts?

Comment

yeah the wheels are hit and miss depending on the person. I always wanted them on my G35 and figured why not be different with them on a bmw 2002. All the true 2002 enthusiasts will probably **** this thing in the end, but fuck it.

Some more updates from today.

I should have gone a little further, but I think it might work with a smaller tire slammed and some negative camber tied in.

Other side. Trying to keep them identical, but this is all kind of new and custom...

Making something from metal is fun as hell
                      Last edited by Heist; 06-08-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Sick! Keep up the good work. Im tuned in

Comment

First saw this over on the 2002faq forum, but glad to find you over here as well. I'm excited to see how this build progresses.

Comment

Winning.

Comment

Nice work. You're already pretty far in on those fenders, but would it be worthwhile to get your hands on some E30 fenders and somehow transfer the lip of those onto the 2002?

Comment

trying to build up shortened front struts and coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X