• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it. Don't see slammed '02s very often

Vintage European Shop Blog

Like Us On Facebook

Motorsport Hardware-->4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

Got my hands on a fiberglass race hood. Fits pretty well, but is going to need some serious work.

Comment

I really don't like the aftermarket fender flares. I'm trying to get a roller and just pull the piss out of the fenders. The rims are now hitting the shocks because I cut the springs to see what would happen once the camber started to build.... looks like I'm going to need spacers .
        Last edited by Heist; 03-19-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Heist; 06-29-2011, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to this, Your making me wanna do some work on my 02 this summer.

Comment

ooh nice, i've been wondering what happened to this build
              dvsmethodz.

Comment

Yeah i'm just trying to accumulate parts for summer. School and work are killing me.

Comment

love it.

except the seats... lol

whats the plan for the driveline?
                  sigpic
                  Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                  Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                  Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

whats wrong with the seats? I have no clue what I'm doing with the rest yet

Another set back..... from my understanding its normal to have these so stuck an impact gun does nothing. grinding my life away.....

Comment

other than the few minor setbacks looks like its moving along very nicely

Comment

I love '02s! yours is turning out sick, I cant wait to see more of it.
                        my cars:
                        1985 BMW 524TD
                        2000 Nissan Xterra
                        2006 Subaru Impreza

Comment

just another 2 days in the life of Kevin. 3rd person because I'm so tired.

nothing has been easy. nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Heist View Post
                            whats wrong with the seats?
                            nothing really, i just reckon new style seats dont suit old cars. some low-back buckets would look sik imo.

awesome work though, that sucks that you had to burn out your subframe bushes, the subframe on my e21 was a mission to get off too. keep up the good work, it'll be worth it in the end.
                            sigpic
                            Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                            Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                            Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

yeah the seats were not my first pick, but I'm ballin on a budget and wanted to be able to get two seats that recline. Anyways thanks for the positivity I'm trying to do my best with what I have. Bought some more stuff and will be working on it all weekend so I should have another good post in a few days.

Comment

Finally done with school and to back to the car

Tried to get as much of the surface cleaned up

The subframe bolt was rust welded to the bushing. Ended up grinding it off took me forever.

Had to grind all of these off too. Tried everything to get them off.....

Grade 8 bolts and some paint

Clean trailing arms!

All the new bushings in and fitting it back onto the car

Drilled out too large of a hole for the new shock so I rewelded and drilled it out. Going to have to keep on eye on it, but seems to be working

Finally got the rear BBK on and some new fittings

looks small in the big wheels

So far I think the wheels are just too big for this car ( wide and tall ) might have to look into something else... any ideas?

Hits on the red marks without a small spacer.

with spacer

Comment

Working...
                                X