Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget Coilovers for e46

Hey guys,

So I'm really getting tired of my 4x4 status I've been talking to a good friend of mine about just lowering on springs, but he keeps telling me to wait for coilovers or I won't end up being as happy as I want. I have even considered the Raceland coilovers, but they don't sound good at all from the stuff I have been reading. I don't want to buy a crap product, yet I cant afford the best either. What are some good priced coilovers, that I could possibly pick up for under $1,000?

-Michael

DDMs would be your next cheapest option. MOST are giving them good reviews.

Comment

What are some of the complaints about the DDM coils?

-Michael

Comment

Some people have complained that they're welds look like they've been made by a special ed auto tech class.

On the other hand, some people have been running them with no complains for a while. Guessing they're hit or miss, with the misses few and far between. Still, there is a small risk of getting a dicked up set.

You can send an email to fortune auto and see how much a set of their coils will cost. I don't think many people have heard of them on BF.C, probably because they aren't a vendor. http://www.fortune-auto.net/ They told me a little over $1k shipped for E36 M coilovers with custom rates and valving.
        Last edited by Morbid; 10-08-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

i'm prob going for hot tunning - there a belgian company - not sure if you can get them state side - but ran then on VW's without complaint.

there about £200 (sterling) for a set of 4 or £250 with front droplinks.

Comment

has anybody used, or heard anything good/bad about the bavauto coilovers?

-Michael

Comment

or FK coilovers?

also, noob question here: what is dampening adjustments?

-Michael

Comment

I have DDM coilovers. Can't speak for the new, redesigned ones but mine suck. Rattle like motherfuckers.

I'm one of a few though. Most reviews are good.
                -George
                flickr

Comment

i just pick up some kw v1 just save up bro ho

Comment

I have the "new" design of the DDM coilovers. they're okay i guess. I have them set on all the way stiff all around and it's sorta bouncy but for $750 i cant complain too much. I dont have any complaints from any rattling noises or anything... yet (knock on wood) l'm all the way down in the front and I am not at the ride height I would like to be at on my 17s with a 205/40 on it and i still have almost a finger of wheel gap which is too much IMO.

I know someone on Vmaxx coilovers and he is uber low all around, but if I seem to remember he said they are rather bouncy but they are cheaper than the DDM coilovers.

Hope this helps..
                    Last edited by RedE46Bimmer; 10-15-2009, 02:39 PM.
                    -Brandon-

Comment

Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
                      I have the "new" design of the DDM coilovers. they're okay i guess. I have them set on all the way stiff all around and it's sorta bouncy but for $750 i cant complain too much. I dont have any complaints from any rattling noises or anything... yet (knock on wood) l'm all the way down in the front and I am not at the ride height I would like to be at on my 17s with a 205/40 on it and i still have almost a finger of wheel gap which is too much IMO.

I know someone on Vmaxx coilovers and he is uber low all around, but if I seem to remember he said they are rather bouncy but they are cheaper than the DDM coilovers.

Hope this helps..

i guess the rattling noises are cuz ppl dont instal them the rite way idk ?

Comment

If that's the case i guess i did it right lol

my next set will either be f2autolife or Ground Controls..... kinda leaning towards GC tho
                        -Brandon-

Comment

200$ coil overs for your e46.

dont ****, if you have never owned them. I daily them in my e36, they is just fine!

Comment

Look into function&form. I have their Type IIs on my Accord which are the adjustable ones. They work beautifully, I've never had any problems with them. And I don't think you'd ever encounter the problem of not being able to get as low as you want. I still have around an inch to an inch and half on the fronts and 2 inches out in the rear.

Their Type I's (non adjustable stiffness) should run around $700 and the Type II's run around $1200

Comment

You might find this useful as well. About the coilovers.

Click Me

Comment

Working...
                              X