X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin good, Nice work man

Comment

• Originally posted by soab View Post
      Love the car!! You got any more info on what you did with the bike carbs? Im lovin that idea!
      theyre off a cbr1100 from memory, i made up a manifold to bolt to the bmw manifold, had the injector holes welded, had a lokar throttle cable i made fit, converted to a carb sold state fuel pump and filter, hooked it up and it ran!! still playing with needle and jet sizes, jsut its a pita to get to them without pulling the whole lot off.

bought a new alternator the other day. mines fine, but this thing is same output, but half the size/weight.

will try and weigh it vs a stocker probably on the weekend.

Comment

• brackets finally on the way from my mate, cutters stuffed up the order then forgot to send them.

Comment

• sick build
          i love how its going
          all you young h8rs gonna die early

Comment

• so my diff brackets turned up today.

dropped the diff down a bit and slid it on, fits perfect. this weekend im doing e36 related stuff, so wont get to play with these til probably next weekend

Comment

• cut some bushes down to length and did a quick test fit with the brackets. still need to get rid of the left overs from the factory bracket on the passenger side and get some nuts for the diff studs, but position is looking good.

Comment

• so the old man and i played with the diff today, he welded the brackets up on tuesday, so it was just a matter of lining everything up, clearancing the subframe some more, then bolting it up.

here is how it sits(no idea how i managed to get the pic so damn blurry)

and the lot out, so i can take the diff off and reinforce the front section that we cut out to clear the diff flange.

Comment

• today involved bashing around some 5mm plate(left over from seat rails) to reinforce the chunk of subframe i cut out to clear the flange. also filled some gaps with some thinner stuff. i let dad do all the welding, since i suck on the best of days :p

plated up

all bolted up again(rear bolts arent done up, gotta get some nylock nuts)

and not sure if i posted any pics of this a while ago, but one shot of one of the rear brakes bolted up. have to assemble the other sides axle and new bearings still

have to move the fuel pump and filter, get the control arms bolted up, decide which lsd center i want to go and get that in, then start measuring up new driveshaft lengths.

Comment

• cig special diff

Comment

• decided id start playing with mouting up the new clutch master cylinder.

so i delved into my box of e21 bits and found the master and adapter

marked out where i could put it, cut the hole, then cut the adapter down to the angle i want. still needs a bit more clearancing in parts, gotta drill and tap some bolt holes, might get it done tomorrow if im lucky

Comment

• so back in september, i took the car off the road to replace the rear wheel bearings, which looked like this

while waiting for parts/machining i decided to do everything else to it :p

today the wheel bearings are finally done. still have to finish some clearancing on one of the brake caliper brackets, but thats easy stuff

i threw my non adjustable nolathane bushes in yesterday too, the old adjustable ones will go to good use in a mates e30. and yes the control arms need a cleanup, gotta grab some degreaser from work.

thought i should finally test the cv adapters too, luckily they fit no worries :p just need some new bolts.

Comment

• Good job man!
                          drugstoreviewer.com

Comment

• so i received some more goodies in the mail today, some brake pipe fittings, trumpets and a new speed sensor for the diff(couldnt find one specifically for the diff on ebay and was too lazy to call wreckers, genuine, etc. so i did some measurements and found this honeywell vr sensor on ebay for a grand total of $20 delivered. will test it out when i get a chance. if it makes the speedo needle move itll work, as the speedo is programmable. if not, im only losing out on $20 :p

picked up the jenvey carbon trumpets for a goood price(read just over half price of what they are on the website). unfortunately i think my bike carbs are too close together at the moment to fit them without cutting, so i might look at spacing the carbs a bit.

also pictured is some brake fittings i received a couple weeks ago, but they werent worthy of a post by themselves :p

the brass joiner will be replaced with a steel one before finish

and one down the neck, for the hell of it really :p

Comment

• Subscribed.

Comment

• bolted on 2 of the trumpets, definately need to space them out. looks like ill have to start working out a new manifold to allow spacing them.

2x 5mm spacers i had lying around

such an awesome view

Comment

Working...
                                X