No announcement yet.

my kraut burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been doing some measuring up and designing for a bracket for the new alternator, today i decided to make it, to see where it would sit/if i got measurements right.

bracket, will get my mate to make me a shiney good one i think :p

and in the car(only bolted in one position at the moment, need longer bolts for the other mount points, and one point i have to tap a thread into.(if i use it)

ignore the kinked oil hose, i think ill need to get a 120deg fitting since ive had to move the hose to clear the alternator

the 2 bolts here i need to get longer ones and make spacers, and the nut down the bottom i need to make a spacer and tap the hole in the timing cover(later years used this hole for factory alt brackets i think)

eyeballing it, looks pretty good. maybe a little bit out, real test will be running the motor

Last edited by hakhawk; 06-05-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• received my lsd center today, for the skyline diff.

went for a obx helical lsd. obx are known for low quality rip off products, but ive done a whole heap of reading on their lsd's, and it seems with some attention to areas the manufacturers ignored, some new preload washers and some loctite, these things can take a beating and then some!

unit straight out of the box

ripped the casing apart, took almost no effort to loosen the bolts(imagine that over time inside the diff, KAPOW once one loosens off enough)

and one of the flaws in the outer casing, not a biggie, but potential area for metal to come loose and chunk around the gears

so im going to give it all a bath, deburr the casing and bevel the edges of the gears that need it, essentially taking away any spots for metal to chip away from. then ill put the new washers in and loctite the shit outta the bolts.

then ll get a bloke dad knows to throw it in the diff and shim it if need be

Comment

• so my manifold arrived today, will be for future stuffs :p got it cheap, couldnt pass it up

looks like its been on a motor, but hasnt done any work at all.

the inlet has had the ports cleaned up, but the head side is untouched

Comment

• throttles turned up today, so i threw the on the manifold temp, to see how well they fit. just need to port match the manifold now.

Comment

• Looks awsome. Can´t wait

Comment

• Those trumpets make me happy
              Originally posted by M.Burroughs
              I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

• throttles needed a tps sensor, i could buy an adapter for $70 plus tps, but i have a few tps sensors lying around, and plenty of scrap alloy

so today i attacked some 10mm alu sheet, and this is what i got. i still need to shiney it up to match the throttles, but it works.

close up with tps mounted(tps is off a holden commodore, can get these through work for stuff all, bout the cheapest tps available in aus)

and lurking underneath the tps(need another m4 allen head bolt). cutting the slot in the shaft was fun, the black plastic bit is also off a commodore throttlebody

and i port matched the manifold to the throttles

Comment

• Sick itb's man, love the carbon trumpets

Comment

• thought i better do something on one of the cars this weekend, so dad helped me align the rotors, then torqued the bolts, and i safety wired them up. waiting on some carbide burrs so i can do the diff, and clearance the rear control arm to fit the caliper(i have burrs, but theyve gotten lost in the abyss that is the shed)

Comment

• i wrote out a list of everything i need to do on this thing to get it on the road again, and im going to tick each thing off as its done.

today i worked on getting the clutch master cylinder lined up and bolted on. adjusted the angle a bit more, tapped some threads, bolted it up for test fit.(ignore the brake masters, i cbf bolting them up, its a prick of a job :p)

i finally broke down and modified the firewall a bit to make it fit though, original plan of the build was to modify the firewall cutout as little as possible/preferably not at all, so i folded the lip of metal back on itself around the bottom of the adapter.

rhd e21s suck for pedalbox space. i have to bend my clutch pedal a little bit to clear the steering column, because i moved it left half an inch to clear the brake pedal bias bar. i may move it over more yet.

Comment

• received some more shiney bits today

small surge tank w/ pump bracket and a small(VERY) washer bottle.

i have to relocate the current fuel pump and filter, and when i put the throttles on, im going to need an efi pump, so i thought i might throw a small surge tank in to help with corners a bit more, plus it means i dont have to sort out a pump bracket :p just need a good lift pump to make sure its always full

Comment

• Dig!

Comment

• started doing brake lines today, got the front calipers done, rear control arms done, and made a start on the firewall lines

front caliper

rear control arms

and the rear line on the firewall. these are fun with such a long length of line. gotta do passenger side run, drivers side, the split to master cylinder and the clutch line yet.

Comment

• diff is still sitting in the shed, havent had time to drop it off.

did a little bit today, started cleaning up the welds on the pedalbox, filling holes, grinding, etc. no pics though, ran out of welding wire, so need more of that.

then i did some more brake lines

front master is plumbed, front right is plumbed, front left is almost there. rear master is plumbed.

so just need to finish the front left line, and make the clutch master line, and brakes are finished being plumbed.

then ill flush the lines of any debris, and bolt up the rotors and calipers.

Comment

• amazing, good work!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X